Service SE London/Kent

Best deals in town
robwestwick

Service SE London/Kent

Post by robwestwick »

Hi,

I need new tyres (Michelin Pilot Road 2) and also bike could do with a decent service. This being my first bike I have no previous experiences with good/bad dealers or garages to use.

Any recommendations for the South East London/Kent area?
tony.mon

Re: Service SE London/Kent

Post by tony.mon »

I can recommend these:
Watling Tyres, several branches, some do ride-in-ride out, others have paddock stands available to borrow.

Otherwise, try Ural Moto almost opposite Brands Hatch, always cheap but talks the hind leg off a donkey! May have to order tyres in, doesn't keep a huge stock. Neil- 01474 855 662, Blue Chalet Industrial Park.

Sidcup motorcycle tyres, Alma Road, Sidcup.

Or, if you want the guy to come to you, or meet you half-way in a supermarket car park (although he lives in Biggin Hill and you can go to his house by arrangement)- has a tyre van fully equipped. Good service and a nice bloke, too. He's careful with newly painted wheels!
Rubber Ranch, 07970 521052

Google this info- they all have websites, AFAIK.

HTH,
Tony
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
robwestwick

Post by robwestwick »

Thanks for the advise Tony.

Got prices from Watling and Sidcup a couple of days ago - £245ish fitted for a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2's.

Rubber ranch is very close to me but unfortunately is shut until Monday and wanted them fitted this weekend.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Usually, he'll work w/e's if there's a sale!
FIRESTORM02

Post by FIRESTORM02 »

Alright M8? I usually have used the Bridgestone BT21s which are a good alrounder Road/Track/Tourer. Maybe you could try my bike mechanic for an excellent service at a good price.
Have a look at MH motorcycles in Bromley SE The owner is Mark and co-owner Darren (also works for Hottrax as an instructor)
Give them a call on 0208464 4400 or on Mark's mobile 07824 703 375 say Carlo with the Blue Firestorm mention them. They're a great, friendly team who know what they are doing, no farting around guessing the problems.

Good Luck, let me know, could also meet up for a blast too if you like.
:thumbup:
BLUESTORM
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Couple of us are dropping by the Oakdene cafe weds night, not far at all from you.

Have a look at the meetup section.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

try these guys for tyres they are just through the blackwall tunnel in east london, Essential Rubber, Unit 3 Barratt Gillender Street, London (020 7987 5144) near bromley by bow stn.
they just done a great price for my mate, i think it was a pair of 2ct's aswell. it was that good a price he got them to do a chain and sprockets to.
plus i know of a good mechanic who can go over your bike with a fine tooth comb and sort any problem out, he's based in leyton east london, he uses a mates garage so doesn't have to pay big rents, which means he can pass the cheapness on to his customers......
let me know and i'll give you his number, he's rebuilding my bike right now.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!