Standard exhaust

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
playerone

Standard exhaust

Post by playerone »

Rather than just drill holes i went for the baffle removal, using a starret hole cutter(which was the perfect size, no need for cleaning up the cut) but no matter how much i bray the living daylights out of it the bloody thing refuses to budge :thumbdown: ........any idea's would be appreciated before the hammer is let loose elsewhere lol
benny hedges

Re: Standard exhaust

Post by benny hedges »

get a petrol stihlsaw and chop them off just after the rear hangers :cool2
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Tried the hammer bit, with a wheel brace jammed down the pipe but to no avail........the stihl saw option sounds good but old guy downstairs may well depart earlier than he'd hoped lol
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I didnt plan to take the pipes out, but they fell out after a while. So ride it like that for a few weeks, and the vibration fatigues the remaning weld to the inner baffle plate, and the pipes fall out...........simple

Put the hammer down, and let the V2 take over
AMcQ
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

Mine werent spot welded like some I have seen.

mine were seam welded so just over half of the tube was attached :S

got mine out by hitting the end with a hammer until they broke and then using a long screwdriver, opening the hole in the internal plate a little, then they just pulled out easily...
geodude

Post by geodude »

Mine were spot welded and it took much wiggling, and I mean a lot. A few whacks and more wiggling fatigued the weld and eventually they came out.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

the other option you could try is to cut away the baffle plate (so you just have the stubborn tube) and then grip it with molegrips or something and twist them...
playerone

Post by playerone »

Thanks for all the input, have run it now for a while so this weekend will have another bash at getting them out, probably quite literally :lol:
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

Good luck, its well worth the effort :)

Mind you, I think I might get a pair of cans cheap, gut them and make them into a pair of performance cans :)

I think PJ Engineering do the perforated tube :)
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

IgorVigor wrote:Good luck, its well worth the effort :)

Mind you, I think I might get a pair of cans cheap, gut them and make them into a pair of performance cans :)

I think PJ Engineering do the perforated tube :)
pj do the lot bud - you could cut down the std cans and make stubbies out o them, fit new end caps :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
playerone

Post by playerone »

thats scary, u buggers have been reading my mind lol, was just thinking the same thing last night :lol:
IgorVigor

Post by IgorVigor »

:)

I cant claim that I thought of it first :(

I remember an old post on here mentioning it...

The only thing that would concern me, is I would really want them to look as standard as possible...

cutting the end off them, gutting them, and then replacing the end cap (new or reuse stock) by riveting it on would be obvious that they werent standard :P

And I cant weld stainless steel :P :(

Stubby pipes would be an idea though :)

It might be easier to buy cans still though...

Just cant decide (not that I can afford them at the moment) which to go for :S

Looking at the Fuel Exhaust oval stainless steel
or the Motad Venom oval stainless steel...

I have had a Fuel exhaust before and was very impressed.

But it is easy to tell when there is no baffle...
the Motad Venoms have the baffle at the start of the can (where it joins the link pipe)
and are apparently quite loud with it fitted, and awesome without :S

Decisions, decisions :P
playerone

Post by playerone »

There's a nice pair of new vipers on ebay for £220 at the moment, if it wasnt for some uncertainty about how much longer I'm gonna be working I'd have bought them already :(
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

someone said beware of those new vipers off ebay as they are a peeg to fit...
i got some used and they took 20 mins to fit - were great til i chamfered them :oops:

do you think i'll get away with these :lol:
yes i know, i still havent put the rivets in yet! :roll:
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Nice, there bout the same size as some i was looking on ebay at.But with a big ext tail pipe, nearly as big in diameter as the can itself 8O 8O