good chaps thread.

Best deals in town
benny hedges

good chaps thread.

Post by benny hedges »

well there's so much talk about cnuts and wonkers, rip offs and dodgy dealers, what about the good guys...
take this for example...

bought some new plugs but lost my plug socket.
went to 4 different bike shops, 3 of them honda dealers - hunts, mcr honda (used to be mcr ducati) and lancaster honda - none of them had plug sockets.
i thought that was worse than driving round all day to find the plugs!
went to halfheads, no joy, few tool shops, same thing.

so just on the off chance i called in at a small bike repair shop in lancaster (heysham tbh) TwistGrip on northgate, asked the guy (neil) if he had one and he said i could have his and he'd turn another one down.
offered him £ but he wouldnt have it off me.
damn good chap.
number is 07799 566 688. very helpfull chap if you're in the area. :thumbup:

anyway, on the way past i popped into lancs honda, asked them if they had one - only went in looking at used bikes, but they didnt have the socket and said they'd sell me a complete toolkit for £112 :lol:
i declined and said i had sockets coming out of my butt.
so a guy at the counter (mark - fazer thou rider) was swapping a jacket and asked if he heard correctly that i had a storm....
i said yes, just after a plug socket, showed him a pic on my fone.
'if youre not in a rush you can follow me, i sold mine but have a garagefull of bits - and a spare plug socket you can have' :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
i thought, ive pulled here lol :lol: so followed him back as he tried to show off weaving through traffic :whatever :whatever and after his lovely mrs made a brew he produced a shiny new spark plug socket, a new set of plugs and a gen honda shop manual, gave him a few £ like you do :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbup:
exchange stories etc - turns out he bought a mint black storm and broke the front cct after one day 8O took it to a dealer who fitted a new head but it wouldn't rev over 6k (sound familiar?)
the 'expert' repairer told him he mustve bought a usa head :roll: and billed him 500 for the job.

he said it was rideable but never the same after that so he sold it for the fazer, but also has a nice buell 1125...
i'm boring you now aren't i!
so, i felt guilty for taking twistgrip's only plug socket so i went back to find he was just putting his bikes away.
explained what happened, thanked him very much and said i'd call back when i need bits...

got back to my car & found a fiver on the floor lol - karma :thumbup:

jolly nice chaps. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Re: good chaps thread.

Post by benny hedges »

Timbo wrote:Blacks are b8stard
now that's not very pc is it :silent:
Timbo wrote:And the dealer in Manchester, Hunts, that rhymes with something else that they are :)
yes but they are very good mechanics.
they are so pro they don't even need to use new parts.
they can service a bike with just a cleaning rag :whatever

they've got another type of rag that puts new tyres on, but the best one they save til last, one wipe with it adds £100 to the value of your bike.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.