Front Tyre Wear

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dandare2

Front Tyre Wear

Post by Dandare2 »

Bit unusual this one.....

I have Avon AV45/46's on my Storm at the moment. Had them on for about 2K's. Nice predictable tyres in the dry, but scary in the wet. :cry:

Anyway, the rear has worn quite well, no complaints there, but the front seems to have nearly worn out. This seems a bit od to me.

I've kept pressures standard and don't do stoppies, or front wheel skids, so WHY!!!!

I do have a pair of Roger's forks though, so what I'm thinking is that I may have them set a bit too hard to absorb bumps properly, which could work the tyre a bit more.

I'm seriously thinking about giving the tyre back to Avon to look at, but before I do has anyone got any other ideas????
W@zzA

Tyres

Post by W@zzA »

Had the same problems with 208 dunlops :!: never heard of wearing out a front before a rear :?
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Do you carry front brake into corners, or corner on a closed throttle? That would put a lot more load on the front.

But as you say it could also be due to suspension issues.

First check the basics (tyre pressures, wheel bearings, head bearings etc) then get some base settings from Roger for front & rear based on your weight and go from there.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch