TYRE REPAIR KITS

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

TYRE REPAIR KITS

Post by sirch345 »

Any info much appreciated,
I am going to purchase a puncture repair kit for my storm, are they all much the same or would any of you recommend a specific kit, I take it the little canisters are actually enough to inflate a tyre as big as the Storms rear,
cheers Chris.
Hooner

re tyre repair kit....

Post by Hooner »

Chris..i have only had to use mine once, and that was on my CBR6....the rear was only a 170 section, so a tad smaller..
BUT it worked great....clean out the offending item, rough up the hole with the tool supplied then glue and insert the plug...cut off the surplus..dust with chalk if required....and connect the gas tube or tubes.....then check at the nearest garage to adjust tyre pressure..
They advise not to exceed 50mph until the tyre is replaced, but i used mine most of the winter (when i had the bike, not this year) and it was fine...after a while you couldn`t tell where the plug was ...
I think mine was a stocking filler from my daughter at xmas...so not really sure which manufacturer it was from...
hope this helps........... :?
Ride it like ya stole it !
W@zzA

Repair kits

Post by W@zzA »

I was recomended to use the Tip Top repair kit by a friend of mine from australia who suffers a lot of punctures and found this to be the best one! Although I've never used mine yet but He recons a back wheel takes 3 air canisters to get up to full pressure!
If it aint got the throb it don't do the job! PB.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Try Ultra seal.
You put it in the tyre before you ride.It doesn't degrade or affect the balance.It's road tested to 150mph and will handle any puncture upto about 6mm.
I ve used it for years and everytime I pick up a nail I just pull it out and carry on ridding. Any pucture too large for it to handle the stuff leaks out at a controlled rate and is dyed purple so you can see you have a problem. They also claim it increases you mileage(tyre life) but I haven't noticed this.

Pete.l
captainkirk11

ultraseal

Post by captainkirk11 »

I can definately recomend Ultraseal............after being stranded last spring with a puncture I put ultraseal in and when changing the rear I have found two old puntures and I have only had to put a couple of pounds of air in the tyre all winter. That's twice I would have had problems........probably wet and dark when I got them too !!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks guys for you advice, very much appreciated!!
cheers Chris.