RIP Tomizawa

Any racing related stuff
benny hedges

RIP Tomizawa

Post by benny hedges »

shocking crash - looked bad enough anyway but to then get hit by 2 other bikes 8O
a sad day for racing :cry:

quote: MOTOGP » Moto2: Shoya Tomizawa dies of Misano injuries

Shoya Tomizawa has died as a result of injuries sustained in the Moto2 race earlier today at Misano.

The Japanese, who made history by winning the first ever Moto2 Grand Prix at Qatar, fell from fourth and was hit at high speed by Scott Redding and Alex de Angelis.

Tomizawa was transferred to hospital were he passed away at 14.20 local time.

de Angelis walked away from the huge accident, while Redding continues to receive treatment.
Last edited by benny hedges on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Re: RIP Tomizawa

Post by benny hedges »

as you wish. bloody dangerous track that is imo
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Very sad for all of the riders involved, didnt like it when BBC played the replay, it was clear that it was a bad crash, and they should have waited for more news before showing it again.
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

did any one read BIKE magazine this month?

ironic as they was saying moto gp level is to safe now etc etc and that the last death was the much loved jap rider daijiro kato as Suzuka back in 2003

Nasty crash and bad to see another death
doggit

Post by doggit »

RIP shoya san, another great one sadly gone
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
doggit

Post by doggit »

Timbo wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Very sad for all of the riders involved, didnt like it when BBC played the replay, it was clear that it was a bad crash, and they should have waited for more news before showing it again.
I thought the BBC handling of the whole thing was pretty tasteless to be honest (didnt see Eurosport coverage). They showed it 3 times (2 replays), one from a very close angle and then they let that stupid cow announce it at the end, she probably doesnt even know who he was!!

A sad day.
i totaly agree timbo, the way she did the announcement was very matter of fact,
carl
The most affective way to turn petrol into noise without the side affect of horse power
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The marshalls were a nightmare. Did you see the way they scooped up Scott Redding? (get well soon fella). They put Tomizawa onto the stretcher then dropped him on the way off the circuit! It may have made no difference whatsoever, however anyone injured needs to be assessed before they move them. They were too worried about red flagging the race and not worried enough about the riders.

Moto 2 don't have the electronic aids of moto GP, so both sides will use this incident as an argument.
Bikes are dangerous, racing bikes more so and thats why we love them.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just as an aside, I thought Eurosport handled it a lot better than you guys described the BBC coverage. I don't watch the BBC coverage as they don't offer any depth. They don't show any of the other classes, warm ups, practice or anything else. It is purely a financial reason for them being involved. They are part of an organistion which repeatedly sensationalises anything anti-bike. ITV put a better show on of the IoM TT with a much more balanced presentation, even when there are incidents.
I may be naive but you get the feeling the Eurosport team really do give a monkies about the presentation, the riders and the teams. Even if they do rattle on sometimes.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

agree with eurosport coverage.
to hear a commentator going on about rolling diameter accelleration shows he knows the sport imo.
and tastefull tributes to Tomizawa
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

very sad day, R.I.P shoya :cry:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Terrible crash. RIP Tomi.
SP1's rock!
matinik46

Post by matinik46 »

rip tomizawa :(
motoGPIZZIL

Post by motoGPIZZIL »

agree with the euro sport comments, didnt watch bbc as i dont rate the coverage. it was very sad moment and nobody wants to see any racer hurt at all never mind fatel crashes like this. he was my favourite rider behind scott redding :(
my heart goes out to his family and friends
RIP Shoya Tomizawa
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Makes you stop and think when someone dies or is badly hurt, used to happen a lot more often, (same in car GP, too) and it's only when this happens that you remember how these guys put their lives on the line for the sake of sport.

Agree about preferring Eurosport, although some comments rival Murray Walker in his day:

"I can't say it's like waving a red bull to a flag" from last week's coverage.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.