warming up

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
earthmover

warming up

Post by earthmover »

hiya all ..new ere got a vtr firestorm yellow ...only been riding 6 month covered 9000 miles ...is this alot lol ...wld love to meet up wi fellow vtr bikers for ride outs brews at shurburn and a laff reraly...see u soon bing me if interested ...or just bing me :thumbup:
benny hedges

Re: warming up

Post by benny hedges »

hi m8 - some good roads over there eh :D
enjoy the storm bud - what mods it got? take it you done the cct & r/r already?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
earthmover

Post by earthmover »

hi ya ..ye did the cbt last year got bored wi 50 mph all the time so oppertunity nocked got the firestorm and then did test ..passed first time ...doddle lol...not got many modsd on yet got heated grips and sports rack sat nav panniers.. double lighter socket for satnav and phone lol so not much ...wanting some new cans but will have to wait till after xmas .....how do u like the vtr ...awsome piece of kit eh ..loving mine ...have u modded ures up /
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Hi mate welcome to Firestorm world, great underrated bikes.

Please go to workshop section and read up on the CCT issue [Cam Chain Tensioner], and take action to make sure you dont have a costly failure when the chain jumps and introduces your valves to the piston.

can be fixed for very little cost, but please dont ignore it and hope it wont happen to you :thumbup:
AMcQ