what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Almost back together , I have noticed now it’s up and level on the ABBA stand the rear sub frame is twisted too .
So that’ll get straightened soon enough .
Time to cover it up for the remainder of this year and start it up again in February .
Attachments
8DE3A737-B063-461B-9AC8-68A3B8FC3212.jpeg
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

First proper ride out on The Murvinator.

Up to Jonesy's On Sat for the Wicky farwell launch....

About 1/2 way up the A12...All the clocks went haywire then died... 8O

Thinks its the reg/rec has failed but no loss of drive or power just no electricky to the clocks...

Peeled off @ J28 to go to the sevices for fule...

Cuts out & dies at the first time I pull up... Shite...Push it into the fule station.

Call internationl rescue... Who send Thunderbird 13 out with 3 different batteries & a meter...

OK it wasn't Virgil I had to put up with Jonesy... :lol: :lol:

Whilst I was waiting I called Tony who had messaged me about the Wicky do & he said he wanted to come up & what was the plan... He arrived at Jonesy's just befor the diner was dished up...

Then Jamie rang & he said he would meet me where I was as I had brought up an undertray for him.

After some faffing around we got a CTX9 off of a CBR600 in the box & it fired up first press...

Just then Jammie turned up in his van... went off to grab some beer tokes for the undertray & coffees...

Left it running & it was taking a charge so it's not the R/R but just a shite battery...

I got the fuel I wanted at met the other two herberts over the way for a cofee & jammy dodgers...

Rode the final 15 ddd miles to Joneys gaff & parked up for the night...

Putting me flat batt on the meter sows it's not taking a charge so another batt was conected up & it took a full charge this being a CTX10...

Had dinner...Yum Yum thanks Michaela... :bowdown: :Hungry:

Headed off to the Firework show... With Tony following on his bike in the drizzle...

Saw off John with a bang, drank a few beers had a chat with some of his mates...

Went back to Jonesys gaff, more beers & nibbles... Tony those buiscuits were a bit pants but Piggy the dog didn't seem to mind them...

Sunday morning... Swapped the batts over again decided that running with the lights on would probably drain the batt again, it was showing 13.2v ish when running but dropped quite a bit with the lights on.

I obviously made it home, put the bike away fed meself whilst watching the MOTO 3 ... Epic race !...thats all I'm saying.

Tommorow I will put a new correct size battery & a Mosfett R/R on The Murvinator which just happen to be in stock...

Bikes ah, don't you just love them...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It was good to see John off properly, a lot better than scattering ashes over some rose bed.

That was two years to the day since I brought the Tuono home.

I've replaced the two outer dip bulbs with LED's but I didn't change the centre main beam single bulb. It's the first time I rode it any distance in the dark, and it's ok, but on main in the corners there's almost no light spread to the sides, so you can't see kerbs and apexes. Maybe I do need swivelling headlights after all!

There's a mod to get all three lamps on on main beam, I'll be doing that during the winter.

To get to the centre one you have to pull all of the front plastics off, but as I have a full service to do, including valve clearances, it'll just make it easier to check clearances, so no biggie.
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Fitted new rear wheel bearings, sprocket bearing supplied wrong size :( so reordered... the original sprocket bearing is free but still has collar number 8 attached so need to get that out of the free old bearing.
Subframe and wiring refitted loving the new PC'ed piano gloss wheels and satin black subframe and hangers. :D
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

After the weekends battery woes...

Today I fitted a new battery & a Mosfett R/R...

Showing ...
New batt.JPG
So all is well.

Also fitted the new VFR clutch M/C...
new clutch 2.JPG
5 min reverse bleed all good. :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took dori a wee blast. then looked at it while sitting at the side of the road :eek2 :eek2 feck feck..

then as i was about to set it on fire i noticed id put the tank breather tube on backwards :lol: :lol: it has one of those little one way valves in it,swapped it round and rode of into the distance :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:33 pm took dori a wee blast. then looked at it while sitting at the side of the road :eek2 :eek2 feck feck..

then as i was about to set it on fire i noticed id put the tank breather tube on backwards :lol: :lol: it has one of those little one way valves in it,swapped it round and rode of into the distance :thumbup:
Lucky you didn't have a fuel pump fitted, you might have collapsed the tank...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
___Norwegian___

Post by ___Norwegian___ »

Nosepicker wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:48 pm Got the wiring soldered up and re-wrapped after removing the spyball alarm and removed the sub frame.
Was planning to sand it down and paint it myself, but at a closer look it could need a proper blasting and maybe powder coating :Disbelief: :D

Well done :thumbup:
Im on my 25'th motorcycle :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:28 pm
fabiostar wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:33 pm took dori a wee blast. then looked at it while sitting at the side of the road :eek2 :eek2 feck feck..

Lucky you didn't have a fuel pump fitted, you might have collapsed the tank...
it did have a fuel pump fitted a few years ago but thankfully not now :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Whilts refitting the seat plastics yesterday after the R/R swap, was just fitting the trim clips back in to the underseat lugs.

I noticed a mark on the tyre, right on the edge like the hugger was rubbing... Hmmm strange...Indeed it was loose & rubbing...At this point I'm on the right hand side of the bike, checked & both fixings are in place...Move round to the other side...

No fixings & no chain guard ! Ahh that explains it... This Hugger is the type that the OEM chain Guard fits over the top of it...

The fixings are the shrouded bolts the same as the fairing & mudguard bolts... DOH must of rattled loose & come away...By By chain guard :lol: :lol:

Couldn't have fallen off far from home as the mark on both sides of the tyre wasnt too bad...

Frank had a replacement guard & bolts in stock. Refitted & locktite in place...

On the plus side it's removed the chiken strips so looks like I'm a riding God... For a change... :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:00 am Whilts refitting the seat plastics yesterday after the R/R swap, was just fitting the trim clips back in to the underseat lugs.

I noticed a mark on the tyre, right on the edge like the hugger was rubbing... Hmmm strange...Indeed it was loose & rubbing...At this point I'm on the right hand side of the bike, checked & both fixings are in place...Move round to the other side...

No fixings & no chain guard ! Ahh that explains it... This Hugger is the type that the OEM chain Guard fits over the top of it...

The fixings are the shrouded bolts the same as the fairing & mudguard bolts... DOH must of rattled loose & come away...By By chain guard :lol: :lol:

Couldn't have fallen off far from home as the mark on both sides of the tyre wasnt too bad...

Frank had a replacement guard & bolts in stock. Refitted & locktite in place...

On the plus side it's removed the chiken strips so looks like I'm a riding God... For a change... :lol: :lol:
:Ball Kick: :lol: :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Chopped the XSR in, I had agreed to part-x for a new KTM 890 Duke but then decided I already have the 390 naked for commuting, I need a faired bike for longer trips, such as heading north to see the parents which involves a 6 hour motorway stint, so went with a 17 plate BMW F800GT. It's a bit of an old man's bike, but then, I'm getting that way meself:

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Mav617 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:09 am Chopped the XSR in, I had agreed to part-x for a new KTM 890 Duke but then decided I already have the 390 naked for commuting, I need a faired bike for longer trips, such as heading north to see the parents which involves a 6 hour motorway stint, so went with a 17 plate BMW F800GT. It's a bit of an old man's bike, but then, I'm getting that way meself:

Congrats Mav. The BMW is looking good :thumbup:
Bad choices make good stories :D
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Thanks mate :thumbup: Seem to have gone through a lot of bikes since my two VTRs, perhaps I should have just kept the Teal fella
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grown up bikes ..... no such thing Mav........ you can be a big kid on any bike :lol:
AMcQ