clutch line

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dodds

clutch line

Post by dodds »

hello again, a quick question about changing my clutch line. I have done all the brake lines on my storm and now want to change the clutch line, but i have noticed that the line has a metal pipe running in side the fairing for most of its length. Can i just swap the whole line for a braided one and ditch the metal pipe, or do i have to leave this pipe in place :roll: , thanks dodds.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

you can change it all for a braided one, just make sure you support the line so that when you move the bars it doesn't put pressure where it joins the banjo at the master cylinder.

Del.
dodds

dell, you are a top man.

Post by dodds »

Del, thanks for the info again, (do you think day will come when someone will ask a question you don't know the answer to :? ), cheers dodds.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

probably

Del.
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

I intend to replace my brake & clutch hoses for coloured braided steel ones too. I had a look at the clutch hose set-up. You can't see the fixed steel section of the OE hose, so wouldn't it be a waste to put braided steel there?

I might put one short piece from master cylinder to front end of the fixed steel hose, and another from the rear end of the fixed steel hose to the slave cylinder.

I've asked HEL Performance if they can supply this. The fittings at the ends of the fixed steel hose to the rubber or replacement hoses are probably not regular banjos/bolts, so it might just be easier to fit one long replacement hose from master cylinder to slave cylinder, using the brackets for the fixed steel hose to support the replacement hose.

I could have thought that all through before I typed, couldn't I? My wife's eyes seem to glaze over when I talk like this, so just let me release here, okay?
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS