Just been pulled by a traffic cop

General Bike chat
marlbororman

Just been pulled by a traffic cop

Post by marlbororman »

As above, for a small numberplate. copper was real decent and said he was gunna see what i was like when i removed helmet to chat , wether he was gunna book me or not. I must of had a nice smile and been polite. Just got a warning and told to stick my legal plate back on when home. Law explained, and no mention of the exhausts (which hav e baffles removed) or the dark visor :-) top blokes :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D :D :D
benny hedges

Re: Just been pulled by a traffic cop

Post by benny hedges »

marlbororman wrote: copper was real decent and said he was gunna see what i was like when i removed helmet to chat
did he have a badge on like this.....

when you say you got pulled.... do you mean as in 'get your coat, you've pulled' :biker: :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

benny hedges wrote:
marlbororman wrote: copper was real decent and said he was gunna see what i was like when i removed helmet to chat
did he have a badge on like this.....

when you say you got pulled.... do you mean as in 'get your coat, you've pulled' :biker: :lol:
hahahaha saw him pointing to pull over, didnt put the lights on, so think this impressed him too, how i dont know with the storm mirrors lol
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

marlbororman wrote:
hahahaha saw him pointing to pull over, how i dont know with the storm mirrors lol
I noticed that about the mirrors on the Storm. Also noticed I have ugly elbows! :lol:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I agree...........I think most Bike Cops understand why we ride bikes, and are looking for a bit of maturity, common sense and a good understanding of when speed limits MUST be followed [built up areas, other hazards etc]. Then they just work with us to coach us on!

I got pulled last summer and although he booked me and I got 3 points, the point he wanted to get into my head was "PLEASE DONT OVERTAKE ON DOUBLE WHITE LINES..........YOU WILL MEET ANOTHER BIKER WHO ALSO THINKS BECAUSE HE IS ABLE TO ACCELARATE MUCH FASTER, SO CAN IGNORE THE SOLID LINE"..........He claimed he had been to too many RTA's where it was 2 bikers head on colision and death He didnt mention the 3 figure speeds that I was getting up to during the overtake...........but we both knew!

Given the 2 possible bookings, I will take the 3 points for double white lines, and I also follow his advice now!

so there is at least 2 good bike cops out there :beer:
AMcQ
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

well this was traffic cops in a volvo car, which amazed me even more. large no. plate back on as promised :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

well that is a good surprise :thumbup:

I always keep my big no plate on, but it has never been cleaned in 10yrs of ownership, so can be a bit hard to read :lol:
AMcQ
Pantaloonie

Post by Pantaloonie »

How small was the small plate?
Mine is also a 'shrunken' plate, not sure of the size but it's not too blatant...
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Pantaloonie wrote:How small was the small plate?
Mine is also a 'shrunken' plate, not sure of the size but it's not too blatant...
8" by 6" Not that small, writing is pretty good too. same font was picked up on a speed camera on my other bike. apart from reg both plates are roughly the same lol. so not that small :roll: :roll:
steveb

Post by steveb »

The law on number plate size didn't change before 2001 so if your bike is pre 51 plate as long as you have correct font and letter size I was of the thought you can have an 8X6 plate as this allows for both of those??

My MOT tester thinks the same too - thoughts??
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

according to the link below so long as there is an 11mm margin its legal providing the letters are the correct size

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m1s06000305.htm
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

lettering isnt standard, thats wot he pulled me up on, but gunna get another made up with as big a lettering as possible on a 8x6 plate, coz the legal one looks stupid, and gonna do me back tire damage (It looks that big :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
steveb

Post by steveb »

marlbororman wrote:lettering isnt standard, thats wot he pulled me up on, but gunna get another made up with as big a lettering as possible on a 8x6 plate, coz the legal one looks stupid, and gonna do me back tire damage (It looks that big :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

If you fit a cable to it and link it to your brake lever you could have a bugatti Veyron style air brake!! :lol:
Happy ridin'
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

marlbororman wrote:lettering isnt standard, thats wot he pulled me up on, but gunna get another made up with as big a lettering as possible on a 8x6 plate, coz the legal one looks stupid, and gonna do me back tire damage (It looks that big :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
mines 8x6 with legal font, spacing and border, just 1/2" smaller all the way round.
full size one looks stupid imo
last plod who saw it said it was ok so crouton em

i could understand it if you had a letterbox plate but 8x6 isnt too small for on a bike.
its the font and spacing they pull you on.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

Yep agreed Benny. Gonna get another made up before next weekend :-)