my nephew Ben.

General Biker Banter
alec

my nephew Ben.

Post by alec »

Hi all,
a few of you already know about my 12 year old nephew Ben being caught in a shed fire a week or so ago receiving 70 % burns to his face neck and lower half including personal areas, just an update to let you know that he is in chelmsford hospital essex in a terrific burns unit and will be for at least 3 months possibly up to a year, he had skin grafts last week during a 10.5 hour operation and will need a few more before they let him home, he took six very brave steps today and the whole of the burns unit cheered him on. only someone whose been through this could understand the pain he's going through and the bravery he's showing (he keeps telling his mum to keep smiling mum). i for one am very proud of him and wish him a speedy recovery. the only down side is how the fire started, no one knows the full truth yet as the police wont / cant talk to Ben untill he is out of the itu bit of the burns unit, but it is believed that he and an older lad were playing with matches when the other lad threw petrol over him but i must state this has not been proven nor do i believe it until the powers that be say thats how it happened. anyway thanks for reading and i will update when and as i know more.
cheers
alec
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
AMCQ46

Re: my nephew Ben.

Post by AMCQ46 »

That is tough on Ben and all those who love him, hope he makes good progress
AMcQ
alec

Post by alec »

FirestormMike wrote:All the best to Ben and family Alec, keep us posted of his progress.
cheers Amcq and you mike i will do.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

fek mate he's lucky to have survived that 8O

best wishes to the lad... couldnt think of anything worse tbh
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Best wishes to Ben and the rest of your family.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alec

Post by alec »

benny hedges wrote:fek mate he's lucky to have survived that 8O

best wishes to the lad... couldnt think of anything worse tbh
they didn't think he would Benny, they have to change his dressings under anaesthetic and keep an eye on infections
alec

Post by alec »

Kev L wrote:Best wishes to Ben and the rest of your family.
chees Kev
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

I was thinking of him whilst at work today. had meant to ask you of his recovery yet forgot :/

So glad to read he is on the road of recovery! Thanks for the update Alec and my best wishes to Ben!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
alec

Post by alec »

Eclectic wrote:I was thinking of him whilst at work today. had meant to ask you of his recovery yet forgot :/

So glad to read he is on the road of recovery! Thanks for the update Alec and my best wishes to Ben!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
thanks mate will pass on your wishes
alec

Post by alec »

Bunsen Honeydew wrote:This is shocking, all the best to Ben and Family for a speedy recovery.
many thanks mate
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

It really makes you think when you hear stories like this. One day everything is going along as normal and in the blink of an eye the sh1t hits the fan and a whole families world is turned upside down.

Good to hear he is telling him mum to smile (that's one brave lad!) even when he is obviously suffering he is thinking of others. That sort of attitude to life is really inspiring and I take my hat off to him.

Regards to Ben and the family Alec and I hope things get better for you all.

Jazz
Last edited by Jazzscot on Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
alec

Post by alec »

Jazzscot wrote:It really makes you think when you here stories like this. One day everything is going along as normal and in the blink of an eye the sh1t hits the fan and a whole families world is turned upside down.

Good to hear he is telling him mum to smile (that's one brave lad!) even when he is obviously suffering he is thinking of others. That sort of attitude to life is really inspiring and I take my hat off to him.

Regards to Ben and the family Alec and I hope things get better for you all.

Jazz
cheers Jazz i'm going to show ben all the messages when i'm allowed to visit him properly, at the moment its 2 to a visit and limited time with him.
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Oh crapola, this reminds me of my cousin's man Brian who got similar in Dunfermline some years back and he didn't make it. The horror of such injuries is unimaginable and words don't come easy but please do offer my best regards to Ben and his folks.
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
alec

Post by alec »

Twinpotter wrote:Oh crapola, this reminds me of my cousin's man Brian who got similar in Dunfermline some years back and he didn't make it. The horror of such injuries is unimaginable and words don't come easy but please do offer my best regards to Ben and his folks.
Cheers Twinpotter will do. sorry to hear aabout Brian
alec

Post by alec »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:thinking of you all Alec x and sending speedy recovery wishes to Ben too xx
Thanks Kaz will pass the wishes on to him. x