swinging arm

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
daly

swinging arm

Post by daly »

Hi can anyone tell me when removing the swinging arm on my vtr do I have to slacken or remove the 4 bolts at the rear of the engine
Thanks Brian
benny hedges

Re: swinging arm

Post by benny hedges »

no m8 but you need to support the bike by the subframe ideally.
the way i do it is from the garage roof with ratchet straps.
you can use a large stepladder over the back end as an A frame then use straps (surprisingly strong when youre pulling down on the ladder)

back wheel off, undo the shock linkage, undo the main swing arm pivot (under the plastic caps) then it will come free.

you'd be as well using the opportunity to grease up all those linkage bushes.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
daly

Post by daly »

Hi Benny
I have the bike suspended from an rsj I called ftr about the rear spring but there is a 3 week delivery
Thanks Brian
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh theyre made to order bud if its the same one i got - awesome improvement in back end tracking though, well worth the wait :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.