Crack in Fairing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
oldbikeman

Crack in Fairing

Post by oldbikeman »

Recently a small crack appeared where the left indicator is and now it's spreading across the panel like a crack does on a chipped windscreen.It was lovely and shiny and now it's ruined.I suppose a good repair will cost as much as a new panel and now I am well freaked how easy this stuff breaks.Someone on the web is selling them in carbon so I might just bite the bullet and have one sprayed to match.Anyone think it would spoil a otherwise standard machine?
I just hate to see my red baby this way.
benny hedges

Re: Crack in Fairing

Post by benny hedges »

drill a small hole at the end of the crack to stop it spreading.
i suspect this is because its been repaired before at some point as they dont just go.
you could grind out the crack with an angle grinder, put masking tape behind the crack and fill it with polyeurethane 2 pack bumper repair off ebay - it won't crack again!

alternatively keep your eye out for a used panel on ebay but dont forget there are 2 shades of yellow depending on the year.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

benny hedges wrote:alternatively keep your eye out for a used panel on ebay but dont forget there are 2 shades of yellow depending on the year.
He'll be greatful his is red then :wink:
Rich.

oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

It started as a hairline crack at the indicator hole barely noticeable and while out for a ride split off into three directions .It seems very brittle and I know I couldn't repair it well.The bike was mint until this happened so I won't be happy with less than a new panel or equal condition.Like everyone else I can't really afford it but if I'm going to blow money then the bike gets it.Dave Silver has some new right red and yellow left fairing panels but I need a red left.Typical
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cupasoop wrote:
benny hedges wrote:alternatively keep your eye out for a used panel on ebay but dont forget there are 2 shades of yellow depending on the year.
He'll be greatful his is red then :wink:
lol smartypoo - there's also 2 shades of red! :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.