Head bearing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Miztaziggy

Head bearing

Post by Miztaziggy »

Need to do mine fairly quickly, and im wondering if anyone thinks these are ok, or do they look too cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-VTR1000-F-9 ... 646wt_1139

Also - im changing mine because it knocks a little bit when I brake. But mainly it vibrates and wobbles the steering under hard braking between 70 and 30 mph, though im not 100% sure that head bearings can cause vibration and wobble....
Miztaziggy

Re: Head bearing

Post by Miztaziggy »

Oh and tightening the old ones - is it possible on stock head bearings and is it easy to do?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

last set i bought were from http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/ £30 for the set for kyoto bearings (quality kit)

they have an open day this weekend with another 25% off too btw.
(plus a free burger & brew)
theyre in rochdale, not far from you

best ring up first and check they have them in, but bet they have :)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Stormer Dave

Post by Stormer Dave »

Same as Benny........from same place....

Job Done...

Benny whats that belly pan on yours.....

Where do you get em from....
:clap: complex personalities lead you to v-twin happiness......if you can get to turn in.......that is.....
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

thats a pyramid belly matey.... its in the garage atm as it's currently wearing a skidmarx one.
i was going to flog the pyramid one but decided to keep hold of it.
decided to respray it and put it back on as it overheats a bit with the closer fitting skidmarx lowers, though they do fit nicer.
theyre quite expensive new now. try m&p plastics...
they forgot to charge me for mine :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Nice one guys

And wtf? :wtf:

Brake disks £106 each? So over £200 to change both front ones?

Oh crap, im hoping that isnt what is causing my wobble....
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

When you changed your head bearings, did you need the seals too? And do the kits from Kyoto have seals with them?

I phoned bizforbikes and they dont sell the seals separately, but he doesnt know if the seals come with the bearings either...the bearings are separate parts, at £18 each apparently.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

this kit I got from WEMOTO had seals, I dont remember if it was Kyoto, but that rings a bell. I would be 90% sure any kit will come with seals, as you cant use teh ones already on teh bike, they are the wrong shape
AMcQ