All Bike Engineering & Maidstone Motoliner!

Best deals in town
nora2004

All Bike Engineering & Maidstone Motoliner!

Post by nora2004 »

Thought id pop this up incase anyone was ever thinking of using either of the above companies!

First of the bad, ABE, rang up and bought a fork stanchion off them for the Storm, I was hugely impressed it only took a day to arrive, however when I opened it up I was appalled at what I saw!

The first thing I noticed was the lack of shine to the chrome, not a huge problem, may look a bit odd but I wasnt too fussed about that! However I then noticed the small pitting all over the tube, as I worked my way up to the top where the fork cap screws in you could see a ring about 5mm long where the tube hadnt been chromed, thus resulting in rust all the way round, same for the inside where the threads were!

Sticking to the top, where the groove is for the retaining circlip had only been half done, even then the bit that was there wasnt deep enough to seat the clip right! The "supplied" circlip to hold the shuttle in place was also missing!

So onto complain, and I was told that there was no way it hadnt been chromed correctly and to expect the odd mark and scratch of course from a brand new item, wonder if I was to expect the rust too! lol

Anyway, posted it back off at my expense as we agreed, roll on a week later and still no call for my refund, ring them up and he doesnt seem to have a clue about what Im talking about, he'll ring me back, this was 40 mins ago and Im fairly sure they shut soon! lol

Although, sent some discs off to be straightened at the same time to moto liner, and I couldnt of asked for a better service, spot on guy on the phone after explaining 1 of them may be ok he agreed to check and send me some money back if need be, posted them off on a Tuesday and had them back Thursday! They even skimmed off the surface and cleaned them up for me!

Night and day!
charlie2ie

Re: All Bike Engineering & Maidstone Motoliner!

Post by charlie2ie »

This is one of the reasons I am glad I joined this forum. I was about to buy a set of tubes from these guys when I found your post. Cheers. :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Maidstone Motoliner are definitely recommended, helpful, trustworthy and a good honest family business.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alexibrow

Post by alexibrow »

Hi, did you get your refund from ABE? I've had a similar problem with a pair of stanchions bought in December last year, except mine went rusty on the bike so Nick wants me to send the complete fork legs back to him to sort out.

I have to say, his attitude towards customer service is to the point of rudeness.

Nice forum by the way! :wave: