ooops!! binned it!!

General Bike chat
rob...

ooops!! binned it!!

Post by rob... »

bloody firestorms!! lol.

cold, damp road, not paying enough attention, bit fast into a corner, lost the front, slid into a low kerb.....

which bounced me back upright, across a farmyard entrance, over a 5ft wide, 5ft deep ditch, through a small tree and out across a field....

about 20 cars drove by, slowed down, looked, then drove off before someone stopped, and helped me drag the bike out of the field...

no broken bones, adreneline meant no pain, gave the bike a once over, snapped off R/H footpeg, but rideable.
rode the hour and a half home (carefully, lol) and hosed her down...

could have been A LOT worse... if i'd've gone into that ditch at 50 instead of over it at 60, it doesn't bear thinking about........

starting to ache now, but i think i'll get a lottery ticket for tonight! :lol: :lol:
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
mik_str

Re: ooops!! binned it!!

Post by mik_str »

Sorry to read about your mishap. Thankfully, you walked away relatively unscathed. As for damage to the bike, relatively minor.... you got lucky bro! :plainsmile
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Ouch! Thankfully the soggy field cushioned your fall. Drill the ends of cracks in the fairing to stop em spreading before fixing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 848wt_1079
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Brown IS the new Yellow.

That goes for the bike as well as your grundies!

Glad you came out of that relatively unscathed, looks like your pride has taken the biggest bashing.

Quick footrest transplant & you'll be back on the road, but give it a real good going over just to make sure everything is in the right place & sound.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly that can help you out with a footrest.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Wow your a lucky lucky man.

Get a trallie for green lane riding next time dude. :thumbup:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

wow you lucky sod to come away from that and still be able to ride home
get yourself and the bike checked out .
and buy lots of lotto tickets :D
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Glad to hear you are ok Rob :thumbup:

At the end of the day, it`s only metal and plastic and you will be changing most of it anyway. :wink:
rob...

Post by rob... »

ta, 8) 8)
yup, v. lucky!!
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

respect for the acrobatics :thumbup:
yeh you did well to avoid the ditch. first brand new bike i got i put in a ditch after just 3 days and bent the subframe lol!
looks an interesting landscape scar as well :)
looks like very minimal damage, but check the yokes and yoke stops on the frame as they are made of lead. :thumbdown:
looks like an excuse to fit mario nava fairings and rear sets imo ;)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rob...

Post by rob... »

seems like an excuse to bring forward the fitting of the complete USD R1 front end, risers, renthal superbike bars, radial master cylinder and either 7" round headlight, or twin bates.... :D :D :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You blokes with yellow bikes will do anything to disguise them. Can't say I blame you.

Glad you're OK mate, might have slowed down delivery of my loom!!!! (only joking)
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

Good new u are ok :thumbup: :thumbup:

Was out today just to fill up & stabalize the fuel. The roads are cold & there is not much grip about. There is the catch 22: the slower one rides due to the poor grip the less heat is generated into the tyre & then there is even less grip. Best answer is to hang up the boots for the winter period or buy a hack that wont break the bank if it gets dumped.

All that said just all ride safe out there :D :D
rob...

Post by rob... »

Kev L wrote:You blokes with yellow bikes will do anything to disguise them. Can't say I blame you.

Glad you're OK mate, might have slowed down delivery of my loom!!!! (only joking)
:beer:
posted this morning, before i went out. :wink:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks mate.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Wow, looks like it could have been a lot worse if you didn't have enough speed to clear the ditch ...and the main thing is you walked away ok

Looked bad when covered in mud, but surprisingly ok when cleaned up. :thumbup:

As you say, now you have a good reason to start the changes.

The coils have arrived at my house, but I cant post till monday as I am not home right now
AMcQ