IAM Biketest

General Biker Banter
gumbie man

IAM Biketest

Post by gumbie man »

Today on my 2nd attempt i passed my Advanced motorbike test. Conditions were`nt great, very windy and greasey roads,but i did it.
For anybody considering doing the training and taking the test then i recommend it, it will make you into a better rider. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Flatline

Re: IAM Biketest

Post by Flatline »

Gumbie, great news m8, well done

Keep thinking about it

May have a go in the new year methinks
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

well done...........conditions were a bit crap so must have been tricky
AMcQ
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

congrats matey :thumbup: been thinking about it myself, looking at helping out with derbyshire blood bike :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
geodude

Post by geodude »

gumbie man wrote:Today on my 2nd attempt i passed my Advanced motorbike test. Conditions were`nt great, very windy and greasey roads,but i did it.
For anybody considering doing the training and taking the test then i recommend it, it will make you into a better rider. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yehaww!! Well done that man. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I was thinking about doing this, but the very loud cans on mine may not go down too well.

But organising a Christmas toy run for the school where my wife works on Sunday, and apart from the local Triumph Owners club there's going to be half a dozen or more from the local IAM group, so I'll ask while they're there, guzzling tea and mince pies.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
geodude

Post by geodude »

tony.mon wrote:I was thinking about doing this, but the very loud cans on mine may not go down too well.

But organising a Christmas toy run for the school where my wife works on Sunday, and apart from the local Triumph Owners club there's going to be half a dozen or more from the local IAM group, so I'll ask while they're there, guzzling tea and mince pies.
I did bikesafe with a scorpian race can on the cbr400. I didn't know it had "not for road use" on it and they didn't notice even though it used to spit fire on the over-run.
I did the IAM test with the baffles drilled out on the storm. I got marked down on legality but that was more to do with the tinted visor on a wet windy day.

You should be ok but as you say, its worth asking the local group. :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories