Youngest Member

General Biker Banter
masterdave

Youngest Member

Post by masterdave »

I was just wondering, am i the youngest person on here who owns a storm?
lloydie

Youngest Member

Post by lloydie »

How young ?

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
masterdave

Re: Youngest Member

Post by masterdave »

forgot to put that in, im 21 :)
lloydie

Youngest Member

Post by lloydie »

Looks like it as most on here are oap's lol not me though at only 33 :)

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
seb421

Post by seb421 »

masterdave wrote:I was just wondering, am i the youngest person on here who owns a storm?
On a small forum possibly? but not on uk roads no.

Mate Chris had a Busa and a GSXR Thou when he was 19 I think, His dad owns a breakers and sells bike (Basement Bikes, In Horwich, Formally know as Rivington Barn Motorcycles)

Tell a Lie his brother had a storm when i had one at 22 or 23 and he was two years below me in school, He's a great racer now had a ride with BMW in 2010 i think

At the moment you might be on here, tho, its a very good bike to learn with the storm, not got loads of power, but its got enough.

Decided to stick with it me as i have some history with it now, before the engine buggered up i was dead set on a new bike but fixed it up and fell for the bike again.

as much as i want another bike I couldn't bring my self to sell it..... and i dont have room for another bike.

Lucky tho as i get to Play out on my dads blade when he's not pissed at me.

Tried to keep up with Jules on the road, i thought i was fast...wombles me he was gone i didn't think a storm was capable of the things he made it do!

hers a little on him julian tilltson from a write up with a suzuki thing.

http://www.suzukislipstream.co.uk/?sect ... 7&story=66

here he is in 2010 on a BMW

2009 he Raced a Storm
2008 an Ex BSB Gixxer
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I love the storm as its a good every day bike, ive ridden much faster, but for the balance between practicality and speed and cost, plus how reliable they are, this was the best decision for me! plus you cant beat the vtwin sound
seb421

Post by seb421 »

masterdave wrote:I love the storm as its a good every day bike, ive ridden much faster, but for the balance between practicality and speed and cost, plus how reliable they are, this was the best decision for me! plus you cant beat the vtwin sound
Had a go on a GSXR 750 when I 18, that blew my mind. I thought the CRF450 was quick of the mark and a mate let me have ago of that.

Day i passed my test at Mike Williams i went next door to the kwak dealer and me and a mate took out a ZX6R and a Z750 That was mental going from a ER500 to those in one hour.

I was able to choose a Twin it would be a TL1000R they just have super road presence, more so than the SP1/2 never had a go on one but would love tho.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

My wife has told me I act my shoe size and not my age most of the time! I'm a size 8, does that count as youngest member! :lol:
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

I think TLs are just too lairy, awesome bikes all the same, i keep looking at TLRs and thinking about it, but the storm seemed like a safe option, more reliable and less likely to kill me!
vtrnewb90

Post by vtrnewb90 »

Youngest maybe depends when you where born as I'm 21 also. Bought mine about 4 months ago now. I was so close to buying a tl1000s so much so that I had put down a deposit on one with 20k on the clocks, it had been sitting in this guys garage for 3 years and was started now and again. When I went to pick it up something just clicked and all of a sudden I was totally against buying it gut feeling I guess. 2 weeks later, I came across the storm full history totally standard low mileage and so bought it.
encee

Post by encee »

masterdave wrote:I think TLs are just too lairy, awesome bikes all the same, i keep looking at TLRs and thinking about it, but the storm seemed like a safe option, more reliable and less likely to kill me!

Well I`ve had all three of these Dave; Firestorm, TL1000R, and now my SP1, and believe me, the TL1000R, although it is quick, it`s really no better than the Storm on the road. Maybe if you`re thinking lairy, then you`re thinking about the unfaired TL1000, rather than the R ? Admittedly, the TL was apparently a bit mental in its time, but they made the faired R model a bit more "civilised" LOL....

When it comes to sound though, there`s only ONE winner gents, and that`s the Storm ! I always remember when I owned my Storm, and fitting some new Blueflame cans one Saturday morning, when my mate turned up on his TL1000R, ALSO with the same Blueflame cans that he`d just fitted as well. Okay, it sounded great when he rolled up, and he was grinning all over his face..........but you should`ve seen his face drop suddenly when I started the Storm up........Fook me, no contest at all..............he was well cheesed off !! :biggrin
Gaggenau

Post by Gaggenau »

Im 23, but I have had my storm since I was 20, I doubt I will get rid of it, with the work I have done to it, it just does everything I want
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

22 when i got my storm and still using it today

Will not be getting rid of mine
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5