General Bike chat
tattoo

Re: new tyres :)

Post by tattoo »

just picked up 2 rear and 1front conti motion....£135.00
carpkisser

Post by carpkisser »

Just ordered pair of Road Pilot 3's to go with the new MoT.
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

carpkisser wrote:Just ordered pair of Road Pilot 3's to go with the new MoT.
I love mine, enjoy!!! Griff
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I had them new tyres on mine, too, once. Dunno where they went, might have been stolen, I had a look the other day and there's only the usual shagged ones on it now.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Bluepete

Post by Bluepete »

I'm been thinking of buying Pilot 3's for a couple of weeks now. Reading the reports from you guys on here has got me convinced.
popkat

Post by popkat »

I've fitted a few pairs of PR3's to customers bikes and although they say they're good they also say PR2's seem just as good and some are going back to them as they're cheaper.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

just got a set of diablo rossos off a mv f3 race bike.... theyre the standard tyres - it did 40 miles running in on the road with these on then race tyres got put on :)

free is a magic number ;)
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well the bike iv just bought has pirelli angels on and ,well there round and black and i havent crashed yet so there doing the job just fine ..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Malordus wrote:
Kev L wrote:My last set were Avons and I had no problems with them. I only went over to Dunlop Qualifiers on advice from my tyre guy. Very happy with them as well.
Kev! I was thinking about switching to the qualifier 2's, various reviews I've read have them down as great performers in the wet and even better when the tarmac is sun-kissed (not that it makes a difference mind, not with our summers...).
How long have you had them on, how do you get on with them in the wet?
I don't know if your Q2s are any different than what we get but here after a few winters in the SF Bay Area, where it actually does rain from time to time I would say they work great.

In many ways it was real close to dry traction...so yeah they stick well.....last long, well no not really but for a "sticky" tire it's not too bad.
Last edited by 8541Hawk on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

popkat wrote:I've fitted a few pairs of PR3's to customers bikes and although they say they're good they also say PR2's seem just as good and some are going back to them as they're cheaper.
I did think if doing that myself, the PR2's were more tyre than I'll ever need on the road ( or probably anywhere else for that matter ).
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Never used the pilot Road 2, I've had the pilots and then went to a pilot Road 3, they was perfect for what I needed from a tire so got them on the storm, blade and gsxr, I wasn't sure about going down to the pilot Road 2 incase I didn't like them as much and didn't want to waste my money but I think I will next time

The road 3 are great but there is for me at least to much squirming as you near the end if the tire where the little stripes are you can fee the tire moving about, it's hard to know how far you can go before you have run out of grip, quite a bit looking at my tire edge I have left but the squirm I'm getting on the gsxr puts me off pushing it over that little bit more

Hopefully PR2's with out the X stripe things won't have as much movement on the tire edge giving me more confidence leaning it over more

Does that make any sense?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I was going to go to a pr2 next but I like getting me knee down :-) so I'm going to try the pilot power but not 2ct as I'm told they last longer than the 2ct go figure !
Virt

Post by Virt »

What's the general opinion on Dunlop Sportsmax qualifiers?
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Virt wrote:What's the general opinion on Dunlop Sportsmax qualifiers?
With how you ride get the hardest tyres you can !
Virt

Post by Virt »

They're the ones currently on the storm is all! :P I'm getting my confidence back before I try anything. I did have essentially a month+ with no bike :thumbdown:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement