Numb hands again

General Bike chat
chric

Numb hands again

Post by chric »

Numb hands again :cry:
Ok so fitted oxford hot hands what have helped a bit but still after a 12-13 mile blast feel like my right hand is going to drop off this is last resort now if these dont sort it bikes going in px against a blackbird :cry: which i dont want to but all the fun of rideing is slowly going.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genmar-handle ... 500wt_1046
any one used these and if so what are your opinions on them :?:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
lloydie

Re: Numb hands again

Post by lloydie »

change you riding ,, your leaning to much on the bars .
or take the easy way out and fit renthals like me :lol:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

chric wrote:Numb hands again :cry:
Ok so fitted oxford hot hands what have helped a bit but still after a 12-13 mile blast feel like my right hand is going to drop off this is last resort now if these dont sort it bikes going in px against a blackbird :cry: which i dont want to but all the fun of rideing is slowly going.
8O 96 feckin quid!!! my mate paid about 12.50 for the same style things as those!! didnt think a blackbird was any higher than the storms position tbh :eh:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
chric

Post by chric »

lloydiecbr wrote:change you riding ,, your leaning to much on the bars .
or take the easy way out and fit renthals like me :lol:
dont want to go the renthal route.Going to try wrapping my hands with my boxing gear see if that does owt have broken right wrist 3 times before so that may not be helping.Or bike postition like you say but i have long arms and a heavy body fat some may say :lol: could that be it :?:
chric

Post by chric »

marravtr wrote:
chric wrote:Numb hands again :cry:
8O 96 feckin quid!!! my mate paid about 12.50 for the same style things as those!! didnt think a blackbird was any higher than the storms position tbh :eh:
Dont know myself just always liked the look of them.where did he get them from :?:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Don't waste you money on the spacers, just move the bars up by the same amount each side set the angle so they are equal clearance to the tank on full lock and tighten the bolt up. I run mine like that and there is no problem with them moving under braking,

Oh, and it will only make a small difference, the only option to unload your wrists is the sit up and flat bar route.

If you still want v2 fun and flat bars try the KTM smt 990
AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

cheers ill go upto garage now and have a look at that :thumbup:
could front uspension set up have any thing to do with it as them things on top of yoke look low im no mechanic as you know so dumb questions are me :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

My forks are set at std height, all my ride height changes are done on the backend.

AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

ok took some snaps

I'll go take some of the back when i have a cig in ten minutes or so :thumbup:
See if thats set up ok
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

You can tell that's a fast one - it's red.

Someone somewhere posted some foam-overgrip type things they put on and that helped them apparently. Might be worth 'aving a look round?

Oh yer, and re sitting position, i've recently gone round europe on mine, i found that keeping your elbows bent and putting your feet on the pegs on the balls of your feet and tucking you knees in to the tank so you can hold yourself up with your sweet ripped stomach muscles helped the old 'fuzzy hands'. Forgive me if i'm teaching you to suck eggs but in the words of tesco, every little helps.
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
tasum

Post by tasum »

these adjustable bars have been mentioned before

http://www.apexmfg.com/products

not sure if they will help, might make sense to try a bike that has them fitted to see if they'll help
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
simo

Post by simo »

I had the same probs. Took the Double Bubble off, standard screen on and alls fine :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
edds11

Post by edds11 »

dont grip so tight and relax, sounds easy but its true, I tend to hang onto the bars with my fingers rather than grip with my hands and thumbs...seems to be good for me
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

I Have the same problem, just in the right wrist ( no, not repetitive strain :lol: ) As said loosening my grip helps and it also goes away if I adopt a tucked in position, which is great when on the back roads but you do look a tw@ at 30 mph around town. :oops:
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I have also tried riding with my gloves looser around the wrist, this together with taking the weight off my wrists helped.

I posted a link ages ago to a BMW forum that told people how to ride sports bikes, they had just started to make them and people were suffering. To cut a long story short, sit like you are a gorilla with your back arched towards the front of the bike and push your chest out like you are trying to show off a new boob job! I kid you not that is what is said but in three pages.

I tried it, and together with taking the weight of my wrists, it worked, I had always ridden more upright bikes and the position took a little getting used to.