Your Leathers ??

General Bike chat
seb421

Your Leathers ??

Post by seb421 »

Just wondering what leathers every one uses....the ones you put on and wear for protection before someone posts S&M gear, yes you are that predictable lol

If you could post a pic of them and a review, zip life, fit, build quality etc, price paid

Do you use a back protector, which one?

Of course this is optional, or is it.... Image
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
scott02464

Re: Your Leathers ??

Post by scott02464 »

I don't have any mate.

I just have material trousers and jacket with me motorbike boots.

I know leathers are better but they do for me :lol:
boz

Post by boz »

Use leather jacket I got off Amazon...Australian Bikers Gear I think plus Buffalo Enduance textile trousers with leather panels. Use a Shoei jacket in the wet. Jacket has good in build protestion but I dont use another back protector...have thought about it though. TBH I prefer textile stuff as you never get caught out and I find it more comfy :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Frank Thomas trousers, since about 20+ years now

Back protector is a knox

Forcefield chest protector

Forcefield rib protector

Saved my ribs in Wales this year
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ixon Pulsar Air leathers, Forcefield back protector, Sidi vertigo boots and Alpinestar GP pro gloves. All good. I have been thinking about a chest protector.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Belstaff Red + Black leather jacket or Alpinestars Blue leather jacket on top
Dragging jeans or 6 year old Heine Gericke leather trousers
Alpinestars SMX boots or Adidas trainers (I know not good protection)
Good gloves can't remember make but good leather pair with carbon knuckle protection
HjC helmet

I have two back protectors but find them cumbersome to wear. I have an Alpinestars textile jacket, a Yellow + Black Frank Thomas leather jacket, a one piece set of leathers and a pair of Belstaff leather trousers and 3 other helmets but don't wear this stuff often.

I have other bits and bobs (result of riding motorbikes for 35 years)

I do prefer to ride with the dragging jeans, trainers, Alpinestars jacket and gloves as it feels free and comfy but of course offers marginal foot and leg protection :|
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
Radomenes

Post by Radomenes »

I think the protectors are very important.

I drive on a daily basis in textile jacket with protectors (;) '4bikers' Polish production).

On hot days I wear motocross buzzer (armor). Rarely it happens that I not wear motorcycle boots (PUMA Pro2000) and motorcycle jeans lined with Kevlar and protectors on the knees (REDLINE).
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Walking advert for Alpinestars here. 2 piece leathers. SMX + boots and .GP Pro gloves. I have a pair or side boots but not impressed with them at all. Astars much better imo.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I meant Sidi boots not side.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

i use alpine stars and always have, slid down the road doing 90 once and didnt feel a thing..sort of lol.

go to shop and try a set on and you will see the quality. some people say alpine stars are just for posers but where a set and you'll get what you pay for

i think mine are called rc1's??? got them off ebay brand new (slightly used) for 320 quid, tried them on in the bike shop before i got them. i think they cost 500-600 quid new

seb421

Post by seb421 »

Suit I have is a one piece alpinestars octane, Red / white, boots are Oxtar and knoxx I think the back protector

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

dont possess a one piece suit but have a scott leather jacket and heine gerike leather trousers. the jacket is pretty heavy duty and not so easy to move about in. i got an american textile jacket with built in spine protector.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Depends on the weather if its warm I wear my two piece vented kushitani race suit with gel armour and forcefield back protector quality is unreal ,if its wet then its alpinestars textile jacket and trousers with armour ,boots are sidi vertigo great comfort and tough ,helmet kbc vr2r I really like this light and comfy,gloves nitro gp Kevlar and carbon fibre.I take offs seriously now I'm an old git! cheers adyf .
YETI

Post by YETI »

bespoke hand made by 9LIVES , zip together 2 piece, had um 10yrs and still
as good today as the day i brought them :thumbup:
YETI..
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Best leathers I ever crashed in were a pair of MW leathers. Absolute business, 70mph rear end slide with the bike ending up 6ft up a tree and landing on it's back, me sliding and rolling for quite a way. Buggered right knee, couple of broken bits and bruised up, but the leathers were brilliant. Only damage they showed was a slight break in the stitching on the right elbow, but as they were triple stitched no biggie.
I still have the jacket, and it still fit's, never did bother getting it fixed.
Sadly Micky Willis died a few years ago now and I think the shop went with him, but real quality bespoke leathers.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF