The worst bike you have owned.

General Bike chat
StormingHonda

The worst bike you have owned.

Post by StormingHonda »

What is the worst bike you haven owned?, doesn't have to be the fact that its a bad bike because its slow etc, but it can also be a bike where you have had nothing but bad luck or things go wrong with it.

So I will start, the worst bike for me was my Yamaha FZR600, this bike was jinxed, I fell over on diesel and then had the bike repaired, then my mate his me up the back side at 70 MPH the bike needed was repaired, then my mate opened a gate, the gate swung back and the fairing tore like tissue paper, cost me another £200 to repair, that and the gear box going on it ( chocolate yamaha gear box ) and after I spent way more than what the bike was worth to get it good, I finally had enough and sold it.
MacV2

Re: The worst bike you have owned.

Post by MacV2 »

A VF750, famous for the chocolate cams I believe. Bought it as a p/t ex to do a deal stood me in 200squid. Had it cleaned rode it home & put in the garage & straight in MCN. Sold for 800 squid despite all the smoke coming off it when the owner to be started it, strangely it didn't put him off.

*was only the cleaning gunk burning off the pipes.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

The Honda c90 that I passed my test on!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

CB400 superdream!

Firstly it had no character, but as it was only my 3rd bike I didn't know how bad it was. But then I went down on gravel on a single track road near Bremar, and the engine hit the only rock [granite boulder] for about 50yds and that bent the alternator and also bent all the engine mounts in the frame! [engine was moved up and back by over 1" each way] Had to take the wheels and bars off the bike at the roadside and put it into the back of a mates renault 5 to get back to Edinburgh.

Got the bike home and heated and hammered the frame mounts so it was straight-ish, but couldnt save the engine. So after a month I got a 2nd hand engine off a breaker, but it turned out to be from the earlier Dream version, so not only did it only have 5 speed box, but it must have been such high milage that it used 500cc of oil to do 300miles!

Got the engine fitted and running took it for a test ride only to find out that the front wheel had also made contact with the rock and was buckled! As I was only a poor student I couldnt afford a new Comstar so I just ran it with the buckle.....at 90mph the vibration throuh the bars was so bad that your vision blurred!

but the happy ending to the story was that it was traded in against a new, but pre registered, Yam RD350LC, so I went from one of the worst bikes I ever had, to one of the best :D

so despite the fact that I have owned 2 MZ's, 2 Spanish bikes and 1 italian bike, its a Honda that claims the worst bike award :lol:
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Has to be yam xs400 chop massive apehangers flexed forward 3inch when braking,brakes would bind on at speed,seat was homemade and horrible,god it was terrible handling,only good bit was straightthru exhausts,the whole bike was illegal but I didn't give a monkeys.cops never pulled me,couldn't be parsed with the paperwork and surrounded by hundreds of bikers at squires coffeebar.
mr.john.coates

Post by mr.john.coates »

A 1954 LE Vellocette...bought in Derby as a none runner in about 1972...fixed it up...wrote it off...went nowhere but spend a shed load of money I didn't have on it.

No, actually it was an NSU Quickly...wait, no was that worse than the Yamaha FSE1 ?...or my 500 side valve Triumph. ExWD parallel twin in green.

No, actually all my early bikes were sh1t as I'd no money. Then I discovered Honda :D
NT650V in Red
VTR1000R in Blue
Pushbike in Yellow
Wife in Bed
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

This...

Biggest pile of poo on the road,
I bough one second hand not long after passing my test. The thing ate chains and sprockets, ran like a dog, the front brake squeeled like a pig no matter what I did to it.
It was a heavy bike for what it was and having stepped up from a two stroke 250cc seemed slow. I sold it on, later finding out the guy I sold it to blew it up. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My ex bosses CG125 he lent/hired me. I basically thrashed and killed the bike, rode it into the ground. The only good thing about it was that I could really through it low down into the corners. I remember riding through Crystal Palace one day, and one of the rear spokes went Ping, and snapped. I didn't think much of it at the time. A little bit further down the road and around another bend then another one went Ping. By the time I got to Brixton over a quarter of the spokes had snapped and the back wheel was moving around all over the place. I should not have rode the bike after that, but thought wombles it, I'm not walking all the way back to base. By the time I got back the rear wheel had lost the majority of it's spokes and was wobbling side to side more than it could go round, :lol: I ended up buying a second hand replacement wheel for it. A days wages gone and wished I hadn't bothered to go to work that day :(

So after that and a couple of days loss of work back out on the road with it. Still hated the bike, no power, crap brakes, just bloody awful. I ran it low on oil one day where it became a bit rattly so eventually topped it up. By the time my bike was back on the road and I was ready to return the CG, the engine was fooked and lots of white smoke coming from the exhausts. I think it had developed an oil leak as well. After that it never went back out on the road and was quickly got rid of. The boss never did buy a replacement bike. So that was the end of a spare bike for couriers to use while they own bike was out of action.

My own bike was a CB650 nighthawk. It was far from standard and had been highly customized with great big bars that where mounted of the front of the frame for pegs and gear/brake controls. It was like a custom cruiser.
The only problem was the bike electrics where crap. So I stripped it all down and it never got put back together completely or ran again. It sat in my garden for about 5 years and I eventually got rid of it as scrap.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

I've gotta agree with Carl on the CG125, as it's the bike I learnt on at my first training school... The thing never accelerates, even by 125 standards.. By the time it would be going fast enough I could get into third the xr125 my second training school used would have already been cruising at about 50-55 in fifth.. The brakes were useless and did nothing but screech and give you severe headaches after about 2 hours of riding, the clutch lever would always get stuck and be a pain, the mirrors were useless, I might as well of stared at the carbon knuckle protector on my gloves for a reflection in that, and the seat was so uncomfortable.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

id say possibly a 250 mz 2 stroke, bloody horrible thing, handled like an antique wardrobe, was reluctant to rev and every single part on it vibrated... wheels were buckled and egged, leaked oil everywhere, seized up regularly and the headlamp was inside the fairing which made going round bends a challenge at night!

then the honda cj360.... absolutely awful.
pissed oil all over the back wheel, handled like a barge, no rear damping, slow as hell! :thumbdown:

cb550/4 made of lead. top speed of 80 downhill flat on the tank - sounded ace though!

ive had some ratters over the years, mainly when i used to commute, changed my bike every 6mth or so cos i kept blowing them up and binning! :oops:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yamaha xs250 cafe racer .
If it started I road like sh1t .
Heavy noisy slow and old bit like my dad lol .
I only had it 6 months and I road it 4 times as that's how many times it started .
The last time it started I had to use the kick start and it went through the lower crank case :-(
So I pushed it to the breakers and part x it for a rg250 gamma :-) .
The only redeeming thing the xs had was a Alfa piper exhaust :-)
And i got £300 of the price of the rg
johnfish

Post by johnfish »

No I can top you all!

I bought a 2003 Hongdou. It was only 2 years old, I paid about 800quid for it. What a piece of DUNG. I was riding down the road and the clutch cable snapped, followed by the drive chain! The fella I got it off said it was a copy of a Honda XL125.... I wouldn't p1ss on another Chinese bike if it was on fire! Oh, and I had 2 CG125s which I also hated :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

johnfish wrote:No I can top you all!

I bought a 2003 Hongdou. It was only 2 years old, I paid about 800quid for it. What a piece of DUNG. I was riding down the road and the clutch cable snapped, followed by the drive chain! The fella I got it off said it was a copy of a Honda XL125.... I wouldn't p1ss on another Chinese bike if it was on fire! Oh, and I had 2 CG125s which I also hated :lol:
My little brother has just got a new one of them lol and I don't expect it to last the winter :lol: he has put 4 tins of acf-50 on it and its still rusting :-(
I did try to tell him to by jap but he wanted a new bike and couldn't afford a new jap . He won't learn tbh or take heed of advice given freely .
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Hands down, by a dozen country miles, the worst (and only) bad bike I ever owned was a GSXR750X 'project'. Never buy a project unless you know exactly what you're doing! I won't list the problems but suffice to say I never got it MOT'd and on the road, and when I sold it at close to a £600 loss I was still a happy bunny because I got to see the back of the cursed thing!
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
johnfish

Post by johnfish »

lloydiecbr wrote:
johnfish wrote:No I can top you all!

My little brother has just got a new one of them lol and I don't expect it to last the winter :lol: he has put 4 tins of acf-50 on it and its still rusting :-(
I did try to tell him to by jap but he wanted a new bike and couldn't afford a new jap . He won't learn tbh or take heed of advice given freely .

Yes mate, they come with cancer as standard :lol: