any lorry drivers up north???

General Biker Banter
hugeduck

any lorry drivers up north???

Post by hugeduck »

just about to immigrate to scotland (haha), carlisle area. pretty much anywhere along the borders. havnt decided yet exacly where. and looking for lorry work preferably artic stuff but dont mind 7.5 ton stuff either. had my license seven years so got plenty of experiance. currently tramp over in holland 5 days a week.

anyone work at or know of any companys taking on drivers??

if you get me a job they'll be plenty of beers in it for you :thumbup:

cheers
josh
simo

Re: any lorry drivers up north???

Post by simo »

Nearly all Agency work up here M8. Stobart area Carlisle big money if you're Tramping,but there are a lot of hauliers around there. Malcolm's of Brookfield are taking on over this side,(Leeming Bar) too far away but used to pull for British Gypsum Kirby Thore. Quite a few up in Longtown. I probably haven't been much help but let you know if I hear anything definate. Best of luck.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

cheers mate, might have a drive around longtown this week and just go into a few places to see if theyve got anything
simo

Post by simo »

Aye , Longtown To Brampton road and I think there's a Truck Stop down there might make some contacts .if you stay on the A7 just over the river in Longtown there's a big outfit can't remember the name, Milk Tankers and Cattle trucks. Armstrongs may be. South of Carlisle there's Stalkers transport .
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

simo wrote:Aye , Longtown To Brampton road and I think there's a Truck Stop down there might make some contacts .if you stay on the A7 just over the river in Longtown there's a big outfit can't remember the name, Milk Tankers and Cattle trucks. Armstrongs may be. South of Carlisle there's Stalkers transport .
applied for armstrong but nothing really heared. i'll get on the bell for stalkers tomorow :wink: