wheelie school

General Bike chat
MIDLIFECRISIS

wheelie school

Post by MIDLIFECRISIS »

can any one recommend a wheelie school in the midlands, cannot make my mind up which one to go for .
have you been ? did you succeed ? was it worth it ?
CAN I TAKE HIM ?? F*** IT. YES I CAN
buzz

up up and away

Post by buzz »

:D
you don't need a school u need a mate hwo is good at weeeeelies and ask him to teech u. i have had bikes on and off for 22 years and could'nt weeeeelie until 4 months ago (when i got mi storm) now with help from mi mate i am getting quite good and have just started getting 2nd gear. my problem was fear scared of looping it but looping it is'nt as easy as you mite think . any way if u do go to a school have a good time enjoy, and if u do it you will love it :lol:

FIRESTORM FIRESTORM I LOVE MI FIRESTORM

seeYA buzz
Loopy

Wheelies

Post by Loopy »

Midlife.

Wheelies are not BIG and they are not Clever !!!!!

But I have to admit they do make me howl with laughter when I am pulling a monster.

http://www.paul.lia.btinternet.co.uk/ktm.mpg
LOOPY
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Ok, Ok, confession time, is that REALLY you on the link?????

if so, YOU FLASH GIT !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Loopy

Flash Git

Post by Loopy »

Yep that is me. It was not long after I bought the KTM. After a whole year of constant practice you should see me now !! If I can drag myself of the Storm for long enough and there are no policemen watching, I will get my brother to take some more video. The problem is not only the wheelie but filming it properly as well. The camera has a prolem adjusting the zoom, exposure and focus quick enough as you approach and leave at 70 mph. We thought about putting the camera in a car but even this would not be very clever because the car would not keep up with the initial acceleration and the prospect of my brother charging along behind me ready to run me over is not very appealing. He has offered to strap the camera to my Storm and follow me on that, but somehow that is even less appealing.

Then you have to find a good location. You have to stop every time you see another car coming, because you would be right in the sh*t if a copper saw you filming.

There is an old wartime airfield not far from me. I wonder if they would let us use it for a sponsored wheelie day to raise money for Children in Need ? Would anyone else be up for that next summer ?
LOOPY
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

gotta learn how to do it first............. :(
buzz

up up and away

Post by buzz »

:D
wheelies up in 1st then practice practice practice i'm getting better every time.i'm up for a wheelie day for kids charity by next summer i might be doing mingers. loopy whats your fastest wheelie?and in what gear.

see ya BUZZ :D

PS WHERES LOUGHBOROUGH
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

HI Buzz.

I put the wheel down at the top of 4th gear, about 70 -80 mph on the KTM. But this is bad not good. If I was better at wheelies I would be able to keep the front up without accelerating. These are the really skillful and buttock clenching wheelies!!! I pratice lifting it in second, snicking third and then getting it high enough so that I can balance without accelerating. Sounds easy but requires a lot of underwear changes.

Loughborough is between Nottingham and Leicester.

If we really fancy doing a sponsored wheelie day for Children in Need we would have to have some form of indemnity so the the people who let use their runway would not be liable if we hurt ourselves. I wonder if we could use the standard type of form you sign at trackdays ?

Has anyone organised a sponsored ride for charity before ?
LOOPY
buzz

york

Post by buzz »

loopy
how about york raceway it is used for drag racing and streetfigters use it for there race chaleng they also have days called run what u brung were u pay a fee (about £10) and can go down the drag strip 5 times . i have wached bikes race there and some of them guys on street fighters go all the way down the strip on the back wheel and cross the line at well over 120 thats two at a time racing , i've got a mate who goes to york drag racing his car i'll have a word with him and see if he can get me some info

see ya BUZZ :D
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

NUTTERS....................
buzz

LEARN

Post by buzz »

ESSEXBLOKE

LEARN TO DO IT AND U TO CAN BE A NUTTER :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUZZ :lol:
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i'm trying.........gis us time !!!!! :wink:
MIDLIFECRISIS

Post by MIDLIFECRISIS »

tell you what, ! just talk amongst yourselves :lol:
CAN I TAKE HIM ?? F*** IT. YES I CAN
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Midlife.

Feel free to join in at any time.

Have you had chance to practice your wheelies in this yukky weather ?

I had a thought that if we as a group wanted to do a sponsored wheelie day, it would make sense to approach a wheelie school to ask for their support. They would have a location that we could use and they would undoubtedly benefit from sales of wheelie lessons to us. They would also benefit from the exposure of the event. What do you think ?

What kind of sponsorship would work best. Eg £'s per meter for your longest wheelie. OR £'s per meter of distance covered in 10 ? wheelies ?

Or is there not enough interest ?
LOOPY
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Loopy

I'm up for the wheelie school thang m8. I'm a bit better on the XR than I was on the VTR - really shite as opposed to hopeless!! The problem is just psychological, as soon as the front gets in the air I start seeing pound signs flashing before my eyes, and the angel on my shoulder tells me to put it back down before things go pear shaped. Things feel like they're happening really fast and without my control. Sound familiar to anyone?

So although the bandits that wheelie schools tend to use are way different from the XR I think it'd help me to get past the mental block that I have now.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch