Scammer in Swansea. updated with address

General Biker Banter
Flatline

Scammer in Swansea. updated with address

Post by Flatline »

I do know all the things you should and should not do, however, despite my input and that of Tasum, who is a lawyer, my daughter made her own decision to go ahead and buy something off of Gumtree, from a guy in Swansea, £300 for an iPhone 5

He is now asking for more money before he will send the phone

Have reported it to the national fraud office though I don't have any faith in that, even though we have text evidence, and a screen grab of the ad, plus his bank details, phone number, name and home address

May need some help from the Welsh posse!!
Last edited by Flatline on Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grumpyfrog

Re: Scammer in Swansea

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bad news there bud. Hope it's all sorted soon.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tell him it's not a problem, and funnily enough there's a bloke in your rugby team having his stag do over that way next weekend, you can drop by between the lunchtime session and the evening pubs and collect it. Then ask can the coach get down his street ok?

He'll either move or post it.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

or, get a cricket stick and pay him a (not so) friendly visit........ a couple good hits on the knee caps seems to bring them around......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cricket stick! bloody cricket stick, damned colonials!!!! Are we talking stump or bat here? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

forgive my colonialism... get a baseball bat, tire iron, crowbar, axe handle..... better?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Baseball! What the bloody hells that? Do you mean rounders, the girlie schoolgirl game? Tire ( :whatever ) Iron, would that be a tyre lever? crowbar or axe handle, that's the trouble with you bloody lumberjacks, no finesse. :lol:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

when you're used to taking down trees, some thieving pussy in Swansea is a cake walk :)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

mik_str wrote:when you're used to taking down trees, some thieving pussy in Swansea is a cake walk :)
Oh Mik you are so rugged!!!! :lol:
Did you ever get round to making up the carbon fibre carb brackets you were talking about?
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I have the carbon just lacking the motivation to get them done at this time..... been sidetracked by other projects, including airbox experiments.... will get around to it eventually......
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Kev L wrote:
mik_str wrote:when you're used to taking down trees, some thieving pussy in Swansea is a cake walk :)
Oh Mik you are so rugged!!!! :lol:
Did you ever get round to making up the carbon fibre carb brackets you were talking about?
Why do you guys need all the tools for?! You just talk to them, nice and friendly like... That's how I do it...

It probably helps being 6 ft 4, 230 pounds or so, so you can hold them by their neck, as you do it... :wink:

Or, bringing my wee brother along... He makes me look bloody small, he does...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Looks like I'm not the only one who has had trouble with the welsh lately. I have bought several items from people from there in the past couple of months and I have had problems with all of them! Hope you get it sorted :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Ckennedy wrote:Looks like I'm not the only one who has had trouble with the welsh lately. I have bought several items from people from there in the past couple of months and I have had problems with all of them! Hope you get it sorted :thumbup:
One thing I have noticed with the Welsh is how the price up stuff they want to sell, It feels like what they have is worth millions and what you have to offer is worthless, I have had a couple of dealings like this, just feels like they were trying to rip me off and if they werent they were living on a different planet.
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

OI Stop casting aspersions!

Don't be tarring all Welsh people with the same brush just cos your dodgy dealings in pub carparks have gone wrong.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

mattycoops43 wrote:OI Stop casting aspersions!

Don't be tarring all Welsh people with the same brush
true dat.... the are scumbags, and good people, everywhere......