"Rogered Forks"

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

"Rogered Forks"

Post by bigtwinthing »

Well did 175 miles today after setting up the Forks to the letter from Roger. WOW what a difference they make, apart from Manual CCT,s this has to be the best money spent ( think I've said that about the bar mod,and Cans) it does make a vast change to the front end, Yes you feel the bumps and ripples etc, but the bike behaves, doesn't just bang in the dips and seems so much more planted running fast over less than flat ground.Its far firmer and instantly noticeable.
Roger many thanks, you have made a vast improvement. I have set the bike up today, by trying different settings and i now seem happy with it.

WP shock on next month with the MOT and then hopefully blast through Summer. I may go to WW1 sites in May now for a ride over 3 days.

Saw loads of bike out today, had some fun with a Buell ( he thought that was loud, until i blapped past) but a great dry, warm day.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Roger Ditchfield

Re: "Rogered Forks"

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

I am pleased you are happy with the forks and feel the difference.http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/posting.p ... =7&t=32480#
Enjoy your riding
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

They certainly make a difference don't they Paul :thumbup: Good to hear you're pleased with the work by Roger.
bigtwinthing wrote: Yes you feel the bumps and ripples etc, but the bike behaves,
I found a small adjustment in the rebound damping made a fairly large change in what you feel when going over bumps and ripples on the road. Using the settings I had you could feel every pit and bump in the road. Now the bike still feels planted, but without the harshness of feeling every pit and bump in the road.
You could trying winding both screws out a touch each. If you don't like it just put them back to where they were :)

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:They certainly make a difference don't they Paul :thumbup: Good to hear you're pleased with the work by Roger.
bigtwinthing wrote: Yes you feel the bumps and ripples etc, but the bike behaves,
I found a small adjustment in the rebound damping made a fairly large change in what you feel when going over bumps and ripples on the road. Using the settings I had you could feel every pit and bump in the road. Now the bike still feels planted, but without the harshness of feeling every pit and bump in the road.
You could trying winding both screws out a touch each. If you don't like it just put them back to where they were :)

Chris.
Ive tried all sorts tbh and there just so much better.Once the WP shock is on i will drop the forks another few mm through the yokes as Roger suggested this as i have rentals on. Best money i have spent on the storm though. very happy
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yes of course the Renthals will make a difference. Do lets us know how things go when you have chance to fit and try the WP shock,

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:Yes of course the Renthals will make a difference. Do lets us know how things go when you have chance to fit and try the WP shock,

Chris.
I will do, I need to drop them through the yokes a bit more as your sat so upright it takes weight off the front and giving it some gas it wheelies like a bugger. Good fun, but i want to progress up the road not the sky!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Don't forget dropping the yokes down the forks will change the geometry and reduce ground clearance! I know you have renthals and your body weight is further back now, but dropping the yokes too far could be interesting/scary!

I know you have probably thought of it, but just a reminder you might not want to go much more than 5mm from the standard position if you want to retain some stability.
Jamie :wave:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Yeah the first thing to touch down on these bikes is the header in right hand turns.....
As you drop the front end this can happen earlier so it is something to keep an eye on...
Damage to the header\bellypan is the first issue...levering the front wheel off the ground is the other issue that can happen if you are hamfisted about the whole thing.... :mrgreen:

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Cheers guys, i am following Rogers advice to the letter. Anybody got any advice when i fit the WP shock???
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:Cheers guys, i am following Rogers advice to the letter. Anybody got any advice when i fit the WP shock???
Yep fecking ride it :-)
bigtwinthing

Re:

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Cheers guys, i am following Rogers advice to the letter. Anybody got any advice when i fit the WP shock???
Yep fecking ride it :-)
i intend too, i have the MOT booked for 28th March, i am doing the shock, before that and have set the measurement to what Roger recommends, i think its 347mm between centres, i take it this is a big longer than stock to allow for the spacer most people put in.? I am stripping and greasing all the suspension points etc.
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Luckily my forks were "revolutionised" before I had the bike, so I can't really say much about a soft front
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

get mine back tomozz.a couple of coats of paint and were off. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I'll be getting a standard set rogered at some point this year, totally transforms the front, making the bike handle like it should have in the first place.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i think its 347mm between centres
345mm is standard eye to eye so yes 347 would be as if you had a 2mm spacer in. 350mm is the recommended maximum not to exceed.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside