Here we go again....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bazzashadow

Re: Here we go again....

Post by bazzashadow »

ah mate gutted for you
put mine down the road last april
not good
as long as you are ok
is the tank dented and forks bent
hard to tell
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh no, sorry to hear that especially after all the work you have done to the bike recently. :thumbdown:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

shaun was a lucky boy, I hope the aches and pains are easing dude...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Noooooooo I'm sorry to hear that Shaun, you must be gutted after all the work you did, glad you're not any worse,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote:Noooooooo I'm sorry to hear that Shaun, you must be gutted after all the work you did, glad you're not any worse,

Chris.
+1
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear about the "incident" Shaun. In the words of Mr Mon how are you going to embrace this upgrade opportunity?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

That's crap news mate, she was looking great as well, as long as your ok though :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

I dont want to find out if I bounce well!
Hope your ok man and the bike can be fixed easily enough hopefully!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Thanks all :-) I'm ok... Just bruising, worst part is my right side chest area... that's got worse over past week and is quite sore now so hurts when moving certain ways or coughing etc and is bad enough to keep me off work but hey.. I ain't complaining, could easily of been a lot worse.

Was first on the road legal at 16 with my first little bike.. had a car at 17... have never had a at fault claim so as I have no NCD to lose I have claimed for this mess up. In the engineers eyes the bike is a write off so waiting to hear back from insurance now with an offer. The damage isnt heavy, been using the bike since I did it... but by time you add up all the little bits etc comes out with a £1300+ parts bill alone. Damaged right side can, twisted up h/l frame, split right side fairing and air duct inside it, split my hugger, steering out, bent a few brackets and rear hanger, cracked screen, indicator plus will need complete side painted. No damage to the tank.... WOO HOO LOL From the point of knowing I was going down until i went to pick the bike back up... so many thoughts were running through my head but the one thought that stuck out as I walked back to the bike... please let my tank be ok lol

This is it after a good clean up ready for last weekend Calne show... don't look to bad :P

Kev L wrote:Sorry to hear about the "incident" Shaun. In the words of Mr Mon how are you going to embrace this upgrade opportunity?
Already have this figured out Kev :thumbup:

Waiting on Insurance to get back to me which i'm hoping will be later today.. I fancy getting another bike but something a bit different this time so i'm going to go for a street fighter, something I have never had.
I have for some time now fancied the idea of getting a second bike so to have a daily run about/winter hack so I figured the best thing I can do is buy another Storm :twisted:
I will do a mild street fighter job to the next bike.. in a way that i can return it to it's natural state if need be and as soon as it's done my current bike will come off the road and will go back in the garage for surgery.
I have a couple parts needed for repairs lined up for my bike thanks to AP... I can repair my plastics no prob, will get my seat trimmed up nice by Elsemade and have her repainted and back on the road for the welsh meet up in Rhayader.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have a set of 2013 triumph speed triple headlight and a new c/f bug screen to match, not cheap tho mate, but I reckon they'd look good on a street fightered storm, I bought them because that was my plan, but anyone that knows me, also knows I change my mind more often that a woman.
give me a pm for the details if your interested dude.
btw it sounds like you might have cracked a rib, be best to get it checked out mate.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

Shauned71 wrote:Thanks all :-) I'm ok... Just bruising, worst part is my right side chest area... that's got worse over past week and is quite sore now so hurts when moving certain ways or coughing etc and is bad enough to keep me off work but hey.. I ain't complaining, could easily of been a lot worse.

Was first on the road legal at 16 with my first little bike.. had a car at 17... have never had a at fault claim so as I have no NCD to lose I have claimed for this mess up. In the engineers eyes the bike is a write off so waiting to hear back from insurance now with an offer. The damage isnt heavy, been using the bike since I did it... but by time you add up all the little bits etc comes out with a £1300+ parts bill alone. Damaged right side can, twisted up h/l frame, split right side fairing and air duct inside it, split my hugger, steering out, bent a few brackets and rear hanger, cracked screen, indicator plus will need complete side painted. No damage to the tank.... WOO HOO LOL From the point of knowing I was going down until i went to pick the bike back up... so many thoughts were running through my head but the one thought that stuck out as I walked back to the bike... please let my tank be ok lol

This is it after a good clean up ready for last weekend Calne show... don't look to bad :P

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/shauned ... 6.jpg.html]Image[/url

Kev L wrote:Sorry to hear about the "incident" Shaun. In the words of Mr Mon how are you going to embrace this upgrade opportunity?
Already have this figured out Kev :thumbup:

Waiting on Insurance to get back to me which i'm hoping will be later today.. I fancy getting another bike but something a bit different this time so i'm going to go for a street fighter, something I have never had.
I have for some time now fancied the idea of getting a second bike so to have a daily run about/winter hack so I figured the best thing I can do is buy another Storm :twisted:
I will do a mild street fighter job to the next bike.. in a way that i can return it to it's natural state if need be and as soon as it's done my current bike will come off the road and will go back in the garage for surgery.
I have a couple parts needed for repairs lined up for my bike thanks to AP... I can repair my plastics no prob, will get my seat trimmed up nice by Elsemade and have her repainted and back on the road for the welsh meet up in Rhayader.

alright alright i get it
your tank is ok :lol: :lol: :lol:
if your in pain and coughing
go to the hospital and just get your ribs checked
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bazzashadow wrote: if your in pain and coughing
go to the hospital and just get your ribs checked
I was thinking exactly the same thing,

Chris.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

not to put a dampener on it
but to start they said to me ,i had broke my collar bone , go home and come back tomorrow.
this was until my partner pointed out i was not right. another xray and 3 broken ribs (remember this later :lol: ) and a collapsed lung
critical then
a week in hospital two xrays a day on my lung with me moaning every day saying my thumb was broke, can you please xray it as well.
reply "NO"
two days after being let out of hospital i had internal bleeding and a couple of over things wrong which i am not going to repeat :oops:
four weeks after that. finally got an xray on my thumb, yes it was broken
six weeks later ,final xray on my lung and got told and counted myself four broken ribs
year and a half later and still not right
Norfolk and Norwich hospital
sorry to diverse :lol:
rant over
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Crikey...... what is happening to out NHS. All I keep hearing recently is bad things about it and I'm trying my hardest to keep positive about the NHS. It's very sad the state it's in and the way things are stealthily heading. I so hope we get to keep it, the NHS is (or is that was :roll: ) the best thing this country has/had. Personally I have had positive and negative experiences with the NHS. It's a bit of a post code lottery.

Get is checked out Shaun if it's giving you grief. Sometime things can be be worse than they feel. You know how we sometimes say to ourselves...nah it's allright it's only a bit of bruising. You'll know within yourself if something is not quite right.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Heya.. I know I aint been feeling brill for a few weeks what with the bump and a few other things going on in life... still float around the forums, welcome new folk etc but for life of me cant understand how i missed the last few posts on here... I feel awful ignorant now for now replying :oops:

Anyways... on the mend.. feel pretty good now... won't lie, didn't get to doctors :Oops: Had a few days of quiet time and things started easing up.. still tender but nothing that actually hurts now.

As for my bike... I bought another storm to run around on while mine goes back in for surgery.. and then.. I bought another storm :lol: First one was a high mileage rattler, goes ok but you can tell shes tired. Second one turned up on my doorstep, quite nice bike, belly pan fitted, scorpion cans, tinted db screen, hugger and seat cowl. 33k on clocks but after shifting through the paperwork that came with it.. it's had the engine replaced in 2007.. 7k engine.. after doing the maths figure i got a 33k miles bike with a 18k miles motor. Have swapped a load of bits over from my bike to this one.. got to swap the petrol tank and rear end tomorrow.. will use this bike until I do something with my original bike. Thinking I will put original back together while doing a bit of a street fighter job to it, make it nice without going over board and that will be my future work horse/winter hack. Once done.. the new bike can come off the road and i will finish it off. It will basically look the same as when i last painted my bike although if money allows I will look for a few extra goodies :D

First photo just after i got new bike home... second one a few hours later after swapping my parts around.