fishy ebay listing

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

fishy ebay listing

Post by agentpineapple »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-BLACK-HO ... 2c804246f5
an r-reg bike with 25k on the clock that's an import from Italy, and its thru the £2000 mark with 2 days still to go, something very fishy about that, theres nothing at all special about the bike, smacks of the seller getting friends to bump up the price hoping some mug will stick a bid on it, something tells me it might get relisted in 3 days time as the buyer failed to pay for said over priced bike, I say buyer, but I mean the sellers mate... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Bananaman

Re: fishy ebay listing

Post by Bananaman »

+1 on that mate :think:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

that is fishy. TWENTY bids? at 3500 usd. didnt know our cult bikes were that hott 8)

ur prolly dead on with the mates bidding it up. that whole people want things other people want psychology.... if someone else wants it then its prolly good
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Ive added to my watch list, easy to see if its relisted
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And the seller is shouting. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Thaxted in Uttlesford is a well posh area of Essex - probably the going rate for an old imported VTR in that vicinity...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

It’s about the right price for a bike in Australia :lol:
But It’s an ugly looking thing but apart from the sellers lack of internet skills Its probably legit although a speedo swap is always sus and enough to keep me walking but at least he’s put it out there.
I always roll my eyes when a seller expect someone to pay for his mods. Mods are personal and worth nothing to the next person usually.
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

2wheelsagain wrote:It’s about the right price for a bike in Australia :lol:
But It’s an ugly looking thing but apart from the sellers lack of internet skills Its probably legit although a speedo swap is always sus and enough to keep me walking but at least he’s put it out there.
I always roll my eyes when a seller expect someone to pay for his mods. Mods are personal and worth nothing to the next person usually.
in the uk, that bike is worth £1200 give or take a few quid.... :crazy:
lets see if it sells, no harm in trying to achieve the best possible price, imho firestorms are a very under valued bike, but this sale is deffo fishy..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It seems they are not under valued in the the rest of the world. It's all your fault AP as you keep underpricing them :lol: It's pushed their value down. Good for buyers but bad for sellers and bad for the bikes as they get broken.

==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:It seems they are not under valued in the the rest of the world. It's all your fault AP as you keep underpricing them :lol: It's pushed their value down. Good for buyers but bad for sellers and bad for the bikes as they get broken.

You could have a very good point there Carl :wink: :lol:

Of course an Italian girl is going to cost you that little bit extra :lol:

Chris.