my girlfriend just found this on our porch...

General Biker Banter
Jscobey

my girlfriend just found this on our porch...

Post by Jscobey »

This is what happens when you live next to a bunch of snotty old b8stard. What would you do? I work late a lot and try to be quite but sometimes the only spare time I have to work on the bike is between 7-10pm. It's not like I'm raving her to 9 grand on the tach. For example last night I flushed and refilled my coolant. Then I let her idle for 2-3 minutes to bleed any air out of the system.i was done with the whole things by 9pm. Then I get this note this morning. Really gets on my nerves. There's plenty of peace and quiet in a retirement home!!!! :Ball Kick:

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
bigtwinthing

Re: my girlfriend just found this on our porch...

Post by bigtwinthing »

Thats polite really, my cans are bloody loud so i don't do any running until after 9am on a weekend and not after 9pm, if i go out early and i normally do, i push it down the road a bit. i don't want the cops alerted. Having awkward neighbours aint nice.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I got moaned at by my neighbour who said I was not a considerate person, it was quite alright for her to smash her car over speed bumps at god knows what speed when theres kids down the road where I used to live, I told her straight to her face to piss off.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

This isn't the first time I've received notes like this for various things. Lots of old people with nothing to do but police the neighborhood. I think I'll call the city and find out if I'm breaking any laws or what my rights are in terms of loud noises until a certain time. I'm sure I'm well within my rights to work on my bike. So they may not like it but that's to bad. I hate to be inconsiderate which I don't think I am being. I also hate to be rude. But I pay a mortgage so that I can have a nice garage to work on the bike when time allows it. Plus were not talking about a nightly thing. Maybe once every few weeks do I have the bike running in the garage for a minute or two for one reason or another.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

If that's what you get for leaving one bike on idle for a while, just think what Jamies gonna get after tomorrows little soiree!!!! A large note, attached to a brick, with a petrol bomb, on the front of a chieftan tank driven by an irate Neighbourhood watch co-ordinator!!!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

my neighbours are good where I live now, when I had the Harley they sometimes would come over and ask me to start it up, I have a blade with a loud pipe I revved it hard in the garage, not a peep from the neighbours, when they have parties at the weekend, not a peep from me.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Kev L wrote:If that's what you get for leaving one bike on idle for a while, just think what Jamies gonna get after tomorrows little soiree!!!! A large note, attached to a brick, with a petrol bomb, on the front of a chieftan tank driven by an irate Neighbourhood watch co-ordinator!!!
:lol:
LOL
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Haha, Kev you have me worried now... should I tell my neighbours now?
Jamie :wave:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Personally I think that note is polite. Im all for bikes and loud exhausts, but lots of people aren't.

You know, if they phone the police they could end up issuing you with a notice that basically gives you a warning, any more and they will take your bike and destroy it. Can't remember what it's called now, section 6 or something.

I am sure that if your neighbours decided to make a sh1t ton of noise outside your house at 6 am you wouldn't be happy....he could just say he works odd hours and that's the only time he gets to tinker with his model jet engines.

Personally if I got a note like that, I would really try my hardest to be as quiet as possible. Karma is one of those funny things, it'll pay you back if you piss them all off.
darkember

Post by darkember »

Personally if I got a note like that, I would really try my hardest to be as quiet as possible. Karma is one of those funny things, it'll pay you back if you piss them all off.[/quote]

I didn't know you has a Buddhist streak in you Miz :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Jamoi wrote:Haha, Kev you have me worried now... should I tell my neighbours now?
jamoi !!! are you saying you haven't warned the locals :eek2

9 pm aint late to have your bike running , only issue might be if the neighbours had little kids?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Boy are they going to have a lovely start to their Saturday!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

when they have parties at the weekend, not a peep from me.
It's the same for me. My neighbours are noisy with their teenage kids hanging around outside their back gate drinking and smoking at 2-3 am in the morning. They make noise, I make noise, we both give as good as we get and don't talk to each other. Sad really. But TBH I wouldn't want to live somewhere where I couldn't make a bit of noise within reason. I like to blast a few tunes out now and again, so do they.

Ziggy he lives in the States so god knows what the laws are there.

jamie I think if you have decent neighbours and you get on with them, then it would have only been polite to let them know they are getting a multiple V Twin alarm clock :lol: otherwise they will think there's either an earthquake or we've been invaded :lol: :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i would try my hardest to keep the peace but as long as your pipes are road legal if they complain again the other route would be used.. excuse me sir but feck of outa my face and ride on.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

I think the point is my Nike running for 3 minutes once a month at 7 or 8 pm isn't a big deal. Here's an example of the kind of neighbors I have. Before I moved in with my girlfriend, I use to spend the night there. We live in a condo and per each little row of like 20 houses, there is 8 guest parking spots that NEVER get used. The rule is you can only park in one of the guest spots for 24 hours. I parked in one at around 10am on a friday. Me and my girl left in her car for the day, and then came home and went to sleep. Woke up and came out to my car at 8 am Saturday and there was a note that said your car is going to be towed if you don't move it immediately. Not even there for 24 hours and they stick a stupid sticker on my car. That's why I hate my neighbors