chric

Re: Camera info req

Post by chric »

1-No seen someone been flashed on a1 at 3am before :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I think question 3) is a clear no. The speed it measured would be corrupted by the speed it was travelling
AMcQ
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

There are mobile cameras on the 449 into Kidderminster where I work, they are there almost every day different locations, but they seem to pack up and move around 6pm cantbe sure though !
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Steve97 wrote:Have some questions men

1 do camera's get turned off after dark
2 do mobile vans have a knocking off time
3 can mobile vans nick you when they are travelling
Speed ones work 24/7 as in the big gray wombles

mobile Volvo units ive seen active as late as 3am, there is a bridge that they are active on sometimes on the way home from Leland down the motorway, often their is a sign just before them when they are their that says, watch you speed on the info board... the cheek of it!

they are perfectly located to get people as they are round a bend and have a high advantage from the bridge above,its not a van though its usually a boddie or two with what looks like a tripod mounted device

http://goo.gl/maps/Wrr8l as they get you...

http://goo.gl/maps/JSwFU where they you from the sneaky b8stard! they can be very hard to see here because off all the bridge in your eye sight before them

Not got a clue about a mobile van getting you when moving, i should think so, that would be a chink in their armor if they didn't have the facility to do that other units can over a set distance record your speed or avarage speed, so dont see why they would be different as that's what the specialize in
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mobile ones can't get you if there moving, Be careful as they can get you from behind if they catch you head on too, also around here they wait up slip roads leading onto dual carriage ways, i.e. pointing down the slip road but targeting vehicles along the carriageways and they sit on top of bridges. They only need 2 seconds to lock on and fix your speed.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

If the mobile has VASCAR it could get you though. http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speed03.htm
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Strange questions Steve. Do you think one may have caught you then? As for knocking off time that would be good but I doubt they do. Middle of the night is most likely a good chance for them to catching someone doing silly speeds on nice clear roads. And lets face it, if PLOD can be bothered to get up and rams someone's front door down at 5.30 in the morning then they can quite easily sit in a van drinking cups of tea and eating donuts and let the computers do the work. I expect it's good overtime for them.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Thanks fellas, I drive to and from work down a notorious dual carriageway a 449, there was lots of accident until the last gov turned it into a single carriage with lots of white hatching half of it is a 70 limit and the rest is 50 and every day theres at least one speed cam van on it, they start at 7am and appear to knock off around 6, have seen the guys out side the van haveing a brew and there civvys not filth so was just wondering if they had like a working day thing going on