Bike sold....New bike

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRPiG

Bike sold....New bike

Post by VTRPiG »

Well that's the storm sold, very sad to see her go as loved having her.
Got myself a great deal on a 2002 Aprilia RSVR Haga Rep, 9000 miles on the clock and been very well looked after. So fingers crossed there'll be no issues :lol: :wink:

Guys must just say thank you ever so much for all your help and guidance with the bike. It has been greatly appreciated and also been a great learning experience thanks to you all. I'll most like be a lurker in the back round as love the forum, maybe add my 5cents here and there :lol:
2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
In the best colour ..... RED!
grumpyfrog

Re: Bike sold....New bike

Post by grumpyfrog »

Looking nice there.was it local?
like a lot on here, just cause you've changed bike, no need to go away. .
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

A very nice looking low mileage bike :thumbup:

No need to disappear just because you've changed bikes,

Chris.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Lovely ohlins forks on there. Nice buy.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well I think you wont regret the decision to change bikes. You made a good choice of bike there. If you ever wanted a Storm they are cheap enough to buy and you could keep the RSV too. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Nice bike indeed, congrats!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

them ravr are very nice tho the cans are to quoit for my liking , sort out the normal things on it like
rear suspension linkages and starter solenoid . also worth checking the fork lower pinch bolt clamps for cracks oh and follow the correct start up procedure or you will damage the sprag clutch .
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Nice looking rsvr. Spotted that one of eBay a while back. Since moving from the storm to the tuono it is a fantastic bike and you'll Love that, assuming you settle with the position. It was a bit to extream for me which is why I picked the tuono.

Hope you enjoy it :thumbup:
VTRPiG

Post by VTRPiG »

Cheers guys, really missing the storm to be honest. The guy who brought is from down South somewhere and had seen the bike on the forum so no doubt he'll be along at some stage :D I got the RSVR from a guy just south of Leeds, picked it up last Tuesday. Was a good ride up, screen is to low so got really bad wind blast.

Cybercarol already have the thought of possibly rebuilding one at some stage :wink: :lol:

Lloydie the cans really are a little to quite for sure but it has the full akra system with no baffles. But definitely not as loud as the storm :( :lol: got the bike booked in for a full service end of July and getting the forks done too as one is weeping a little. The starter solenoid hasn't been upgraded yet but the battery has. As for the starting procedure ... Do tell :D I use the choke and never use the throttle to start her when cold, don't use the throttle either when warm as she fires up on first press of the starter.

CKennedy did consider the touno but must admit it's not a bike I have ever lusted over. I like the stripped down look and flat bars but I'm not much of a naked bike fan. Once I can get my finances balanced as kinda over spent to buy the bike 8O I plan on getting Aprilia Preformance rearsets and some clipons with a 1 or 2 inch rise. Booked in to get full service end of July on their workshop day in Whitburn :biggrin
2003 VTR1000
SP1 forks
Fireblade Rims
In the best colour ..... RED!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I wasn't a big fan of the nakeds either but I fricking love mine. I do agree on the rear sets,it is something I shall be purchasing over winter as iv just had to replace the master cylinder. I have also been thinking about rised clip ons too rather than the big high up bars. Want to get some just to try it. I'm lucky with mine as mine has some rather nice bits on in Inc the 2-2 akra system with the Haga chip to go with it. Very happy and shocked I didn't move sooner. It is so much smoother than the storm too
Watty

Post by Watty »

Ckennedy wrote:I wasn't a big fan of the nakeds either but I fricking love mine. I do agree on the rear sets,it is something I shall be purchasing over winter as iv just had to replace the master cylinder. I have also been thinking about rised clip ons too rather than the big high up bars. Want to get some just to try it. I'm lucky with mine as mine has some rather nice bits on in Inc the 2-2 akra system with the Haga chip to go with it. Very happy and shocked I didn't move sooner. It is so much smoother than the storm too
Chris, now I've seen your bike in the flesh I bloody love it mate :thumbup: , something different and could be tempted myself :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Go on watty, you know you want to. Ill convert all of us eventually :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

When aprilia release a 600cc V4 supersports, then I will convert :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
raggydan

Post by raggydan »

You won't regret owning the Haga rep mate. I've owned a standard RSV and an RSVR and honestly they are the best bikes
I've ridden( I've had R1's and the like). Quality....would love to own one again...someday soon maybe. :thumbup: