bought another storm

General Biker Banter
Jscobey

bought another storm

Post by Jscobey »

bought another VTR today. got a SMOKIN deal from a member on the superhawk forum. i was looking for a motor and for even cheaper than ive seen any motors going for i got this full bike. 12,000 miles.

its going to become a track bike. i already have lots of spare bits like a braced swinger, penske shock, CBR 1000RR front end, and a bunch of other goodies. bike came with a fibreglass sharkskinz 1 piece fairing, JDM converted cbr shock with resevior, some high mounts, an F4i tail unit, coerce sprocket cover, steel braided lines, racetech gold valves installed, and a number of other things.

will be selling parts in the coming months once i get this bike set up with my track parts.

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Kev L

Re: bought another storm

Post by Kev L »

You won' be able to get into the garage soon! Does this mean the Ducati will be moving on?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Kev L wrote:You won' be able to get into the garage soon! Does this mean the Ducati will be moving on?
i believe so Kev. honestly im just not interested in the maintainence and up keep they require. it reminds why i love the storm so much. after snooping around the Duc forums, i see they have way to many "issues" for example on the storm its the CCT's and R/R. once you replace those its trouble free riding for thousands of miles. the Duc's have extensive lists of potential problems even when looked after carefully.

dont get me wrong, the bike is a blast to ride but its like a high maintainence girlfriend. she may be beautiful but shes a pain in the butt :thumbdown: the bikes in spectacular condition and for someone looking for a 900ss, they are gonna be really happy with it. just not my cup of tea. should give me some extra bones to spend on the new track bikee :biggrin
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

You had better get on and cancel all those orders you have put in- "Ducati" branded: T shirts, socks, jacket, mugs, key rings, caps, mouse pads, one piece, lawnmower, powerwasher, torch etc.... :D
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Pm me you number, I have a contact that buys 900ss Ducatis
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Flatty you do realise he's in Calfornia.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

cybercarl wrote:Flatty you do realise he's in Calfornia.

(:-})
no problem carl, ill just head for the coast doing about 140 with knobby tires and if i keep her pinned i should be able to skim across the top of the pond that is the Atlantic ocean and personally deliver the bike to the buyer :D
Virt

Post by Virt »

[youtube][/youtube]
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Ah! That may cause a problem :lol: