hello again.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
dkt1376

hello again.

Post by dkt1376 »

just a new thread to say hello, I've been away for a while but the admin has just reinstated my old user name.
this was my old vtr with lots of mods, but I'm now back on a almost standard silver one, that is in need of some love.
a landrover d2 and a ktm, i had to have a honda to restore relability in my life.
popkat

Re: hello again.

Post by popkat »

Hi welcome back. From the other end of Devon.

Oh this my post number 666 :twisted:
Last edited by popkat on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome back. Your old storm looked good so get cracking on the new one and let's see what you can do.
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back Dave :thumbup: I agree your old bike did look great, I remember it well when you were on here last,

Chris.
dkt1376

Post by dkt1376 »

i spent lots of money on the last one, fork internal upgrade, rear nitron shock, cbr calipers and master, trumped mod,KnN +dyno running 114bhp at the rear wheel with art cans 8O and dropped to 109 with carbon micron :thumbdown:.
hell brake lines, loads of tyres :D and loads of other bits.
now due to a few enduro accidents and other things buggering up my hands i will have to do a bar conversion very soon on the new one as i can only ride for about 30 mins with the standard bars before the pain gets to much in my wrists.
a landrover d2 and a ktm, i had to have a honda to restore relability in my life.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

flat bar conversion on the storm is a great mod, I am kicking myself that I didn't do it years ago. no reduction in sporty potential when going fast, but a great improvement in usability for every other condition
AMcQ
gwaynewk

Post by gwaynewk »

Nice looking bike, what effect on the handling will putting higher bars on your new one have? Paul
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!
dkt1376

Post by dkt1376 »

gwaynewk wrote:Nice looking bike, what effect on the handling will putting higher bars on your new one have? Paul
it takes a little getting used to to begin with, im not a racer anymore but i still like to ride fast and it just takes
a little bit of rideing style adjustment .