winter sleep

General Bike chat
grinner1969

winter sleep

Post by grinner1969 »

Hi guys, just wondering what you do over the wet/snowy/icey period with your bike?
If you are like me and riding in the shite doesn't appeal to you, what do you do that will hopefully, come spring, give us a pain free start up and trouble free ride?
With my old ride (GSX 14) I would, give her a basic service, put her on trickle charge, turn her over and let her run for 5 mins or so a few times, and then come ride time she was fine.
I have recently done the service and not done many miles since, so was going to do the same thing this winter, however! been speaking to someone who owned one of the same year, (97) when they were relatively new, and he said it's a bad thing to do to a twin :confused (something to do with them not running the full rev range?) what the hell :confused
Any advice/experience/knowledge of this would be greatly appreciated :beer:
fabiostar

Re: winter sleep

Post by fabiostar »

i get bored. so im on the lookout for a cheap hack so i can get out over winter and keep the vtr clean...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Re: winter sleep

Post by Wicky »

WINTER STORAGE BIKE PROTECTION by Roger Ditchfield > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 7&p=232692
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts