Big bird

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
VTRDark

Re: Big bird

Post by VTRDark »

Looks like a bit of an animal that Lloyd. Baaaaaa :lol: Are you putting the side fairings on. The front looks odd to me. I can't help thinking take the front fairing off and you will have an X 11. Yeh you have a nice bike there to make your own. It needs Yellow wheels too. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm thinking bright green wheels or gold
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You could have a set of each. Green for the track and Gold for the road. :biggrin I think Gold would look good. :thumbup:

==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

as I've said, i don't like the look, there a bit lardy, however they are superb mile munchers and so reliable. You will love the speed Lloydie, once the handlings set up you will be off way in front and loving it. I love the SSSa one and I've seen 1 with a half fairing i liked too.

Needs some colour, you will do that aim sure. I wont do much more to mine now. Plenty fast enough and the only buzz i get if from inide where its meant to be, Ride it and love it. Just don't test ride the new RSV4. Thats 100% for me, but not Honda.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:You could have a set of each. Green for the track and Gold for the road. :biggrin I think Gold would look good. :thumbup:

No more track use with the bird ,
Piggy is the track bike .
I'm swaying towards gold for the wheels
Tho I like this Image
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:as I've said, i don't like the look, there a bit lardy, however they are superb mile munchers and so reliable. You will love the speed Lloydie, once the handlings set up you will be off way in front and loving it. I love the SSSa one and I've seen 1 with a half fairing i liked too.

Needs some colour, you will do that aim sure. I wont do much more to mine now. Plenty fast enough and the only buzz i get if from inide where its meant to be, Ride it and love it. Just don't test ride the new RSV4. Thats 100% for me, but not Honda.
You should of come to Devon , the bird holds its own down the lanes :-) .
lloydie

Big bird

Post by lloydie »

I have this on its way to me
It's the same as the one in the picture above
Image.
Just need to swap the inlets over .
Tbh im a fan of full length cans .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:as I've said, i don't like the look, there a bit lardy, however they are superb mile munchers and so reliable. You will love the speed Lloydie, once the handlings set up you will be off way in front and loving it. I love the SSSa one and I've seen 1 with a half fairing i liked too.

You should of come to Devon , the bird holds its own down the lanes :-) .

i know my mate had one for 11 years, he had an Ohlins shock and fork springs and no bugger ever got near him. My Mates Blade was the closest.
i had a ZX9 at the time, that wouldn't keep up in the bends or on the straights. He was even quicker when his Missus wasn't on the back!!!

He lapped Brands quicker than 6 R1,s and about 2 ZX10,s on the last track day. He rases a CB 600rr on track now. Says its a bit slow. :D
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Your mate is a nutter lol
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Your mate is a nutter lol
He is obsessed with speed. He put a Honda vfr 750 engine in a trials bike, it was an animal on grass. We were going to enter on scrap heat challange but the knob dislocated his shoulder in a jet ski accident.

You would get on great with him. he wheeled at 182 at Rockingham circuit. i was on a ZZR 1200 and bottled out at 161. i couldn't see bugger all.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

He sounds fun :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:He sounds fun :-)

he also ran over his wives foot, i rubbed it for hrs and now have a foot fetish ( women only so keep ya socks on) :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

keep the paint standard lloydie, gold wheels will look good against the black, i'd also do the clear indi lenses, but then i'm a tart...... :lol:
imho the blackbird looks terrible if it's not a standard colour scheme, some bikes can pull it off, but not the big bird. just mho.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:
cybercarl wrote:You could have a set of each. Green for the track and Gold for the road. :biggrin I think Gold would look good. :thumbup:

No more track use with the bird ,
Piggy is the track bike .
I'm swaying towards gold for the wheels
Tho I like this Image
Ah teal!NIIIICE :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Blade tail units are a common mod that I've seen and make the butt end much slimmer and great, if i see one in Poole i will take a pic and post it, it makes the bike look so much slimmer. And lets be honest most of us only see the butt end on a run!. Busa compares look butt ugly!!