CB1000r Latest Pic.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: CB1000r Latest Pic.

Post by fabiostar »

lovely looking bike i have to say... id leave the wheels and put a bit of colour/stickers on the belly pan tho :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just ride it!
It's perfect as it is :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Ok Red it is, i did a good job of my Storm Belly pan but spent ages getting it right. This may just be a straight line red bit!!!.

i need to get the Repsol colour codes too.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Pete.L wrote:Just ride it!
It's perfect as it is :D

Done 4000 miles since i got it, so not doing too bad.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

BTT,

The bike is looking mighty fine as it is.

Looks mean!

Do you miss the noise of the VTR?

I for one would be happy to have your bike in my man cave, but the VTR would have to be there too!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

kenmoore wrote:BTT,

The bike is looking mighty fine as it is.

Looks mean!

Do you miss the noise of the VTR?

I for one would be happy to have your bike in my man cave, but the VTR would have to be there too!
yep i do miss the sound, i had Delkevics on the storm last thing, it was awesome but started buzzing my fingers beyond belief.

The CB sounds great too, not boomy but has an awesome burble throttling off from 9000 revs. It also sounds ace at 7000 going up.
It the brakes and handling that do it for me though. I thought my brakes were great on the storm but these are simply a class above.

I like the easy no nonsense get on and rag it approach and build quality is still great. Good old Honda
popkat

Post by popkat »

Love the look of the bike but Sorry don't like the belly pan at all, I think it spoils the look of the bike, takes your eyes straight to it, it's too big and wide.
I think this would suit it much better and you could probably make one fit pretty easy, it's genuine Yamaha
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/yamaha-fz1s-a ... 4aecf995d0

That's just my opinion, you seem happy with it and that's what counts :wink: :thumbup:

That Fazer looks good, wish I had the money I'd buy it, probably the best all round road bike I've owned, would like another one day.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I actually agree the pan is huge, however it keeps the poop off, There is a smart smaller one but its £168 sprayed and i couldn't warrant that.

Regarding the Fazer, Ive had 3 of the old Fazer 1000,s and there just great. I had an Ivans Kit on all 3 and they were good for 137bhp at the wheel.

Slower steering though and my centre stand ground out on track days and guys were cheesed off with the sparks. I did 42000 miles on the last one i had and we have been all over on it. 1 Holiday my daughter and me went to Northern spain down through Andorra into France along the south coast to Italy. Spent a week with the wife at lake Garda and then over the Alps to Zell am See i Austria. The wife went on the Train and then flew home. Just a great Trip.

The FZ1 is better still but i hate the looks and the standard can is just pants. Somehow they have lost a some sparkle for me.Most look bland.

I have to say after the Storm and the CB iam now a Honda convert. France for 4 days on the bike in Sept Cant Wait.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Duffy1964 wrote:Looking good Paul, personally I would leave the wheels orange and add a splash of red to the lower part of the bellypan :thumbup:
Hows the Streetfighter coming on?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Thats one good looking bike BTT :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote:Looking good Paul, personally I would leave the wheels orange and add a splash of red to the lower part of the bellypan :thumbup:
Very slowly Paul I'm afraid, Anne's sister has recently passed away through Osophecas cancer so my priorities changed drastically. :thumbdown:

I hope to start it again soon though.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Duffy1964 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:
Very slowly Paul I'm afraid, Anne's sister has recently passed away through Osophecas cancer so my priorities changed drastically. :thumbdown:

I hope to start it again soon though.
oh sh1t sorry to hear that.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Paul, unfortunately It's part of life's ups and downs mate :thumbdown:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project