New speed controller

General Biker Banter
darkember

New speed controller

Post by darkember »

Lovely day today so decided to take the new beast for a good blast. Well on my way home jumped onto a dual carriageway sitting comfortably at 80 decided to wind it on. Big mistake just shy of a ton the tank bag took off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. Luckily I use a cord at the front to secure it for such eventualities still a bit of a shock a bag doing a corkscrew in ones face. Sharpish back down to 80 and immediately overtaken by the plod. Not sure how long they were behind me but probably having a giggle at my mishap.
grumpyfrog

Re: New speed controller

Post by grumpyfrog »

Pmpl....
Not had the bag itself deploy on me but the feckin stupid rain cover popped out into my face whilst following Al, hence it's now got a bunggie wrapped round it full time.
When are you going to enlighten us?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Never trusted magnetic tank bags since a scary moment when one blew off up into my face at 120 - Lost 1kg of Liquorice Allsorts in the process :oops:

Gone with Baglux ever since and as a benefit the petrol tank is kept immaculate underneath the cover.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

Haven't lost a bag off my bike but there was one occasion when I was venturing down South (and I mean waaaay down South, almost as far as London :wink: )

So that I wouldn't get lost, I had detailed directions written on a bit of paper, in a clear plastic bar, taped onto the tank. Thought that was rather clever... until I opened it up on the motorway.

I just saw one corner of the plastic flapping a bit, then, it was gone. Perhaps it stuck on someones windsceen...
darkember

Post by darkember »

grumpyfrog wrote:Pmpl....
Not had the bag itself deploy on me but the feckin stupid rain cover popped out into my face whilst following Al, hence it's now got a bunggie wrapped round it full time.
When are you going to enlighten us?
Well if you were coming to Wales you would find out. lol . Going to miss you, you old frog :D
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

Wicky wrote:- Lost 1kg of Liquorice Allsorts in the process :oops:

where did you lose them from rear end, front end or bag :lol: :lol: :lol: