Anyone live near Radcliffe, Manchester?

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Anyone live near Radcliffe, Manchester?

Post by tony.mon »

Speedwell have an SP2 which has been rebuilt from a written-off cat c.
I'm not fussed, if the repairs have been done properly.
Is there anyone local who knows their SP's who can drop by and see if it's worth a journey for me?

It's got replica Vimto Joey TT qualifying bodywork on it, that was only on the SP1 so it's an SP2 in SP1 clothes....
It's low mileage, but it wouldn't surprise me that it's spent more time on track than the road.

I just need a heads-up on whether it looks well sorted, repairs done properly and tell me about any cosmetic or mechanical damage that's obvious....

They've gt another SP2 as well, but that might be too much, as it;s at my top budget but I want a full system and pc5 on it too, and so I'm looking for a cheaper one I can spec up or one with changes already made.

Can you help?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cheekykev

Re: Anyone live near Radcliffe, Manchester?

Post by cheekykev »

I'm surprised you haven't phoned me Tony, you know I live up that way and also own an SP2 :confused
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I don't like to impose, mate..
I'll call you.
Tony
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote:I don't like to impose, mate..
I'll call you.
Tony
why call him tony, that isn't his name?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of when someone said "can I be frank with you?"

And I said, yup, you can be anyone you want to be....
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Alex A

Post by Alex A »

Bit late to the topic but I visited Speedwell at the weekend to look at the other SP-2 they have, and had a look at this whilst I was there.

The bike looks fairly clean underneath, and the mileage is believable (although it's probably seen fairly hard miles). The bodywork is fibreglass, and reasonably well fitted, but the paint/decals leave a little to be desired in terms of quality of finish. Although it's probably now considered a 'cheap' SP-2 at the asking price, personally I can't see that value. A written off, very non-standard bike just doesn't have any of the premium that would come with a tidy, original example. It has some nice bits on it, but they're not pristine either.

The 2007 SP-2 they have is an honest, tidy, original example. But I was put off by there being lots of stone chips on the lower fairing and a few on the tank. Also some light surface wear and tear (not accident damage) to the paintwork, swingarm and top yoke. Personally, I'd reckon on it being a 7.5/10, and probably worth about £7k, but their bottom line is £7.5k.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, I was planning to leave them an offer of £4k on the table and leave it until it snows and they don't see a customer all week, then spend the rest of my cash on bits and bobs.
TBH a cat 3 or 4 only bothers me if I'm selling it, and as I'm not planning to sell it I wasn't fussed. But I now have one, and that was better specc'ed and five k, so happy with that.

Mind you, the paint scheme is the same as a few others, and the Vimto rep would not be common at all, as it's an SP1 only paint scheme, so at least that bike has had exclusivity. If only it didn't say "Vimto" on the tank where you can see it while riding....