Wtf car do I use

General Biker Banter
Stu9

Wtf car do I use

Post by Stu9 »

New year new beginning....I think :oops:

I've got 2 cars but not for long as one has to sold, with a bike and maybe another on the way I can't afford all 3...so

05 Audi A4 2.0tdi SE Avant, 140k drives faultless and is a credit to its previous owner, only thing pissin me off about it, it's a cvt auto which works through a system of belts and pulleys not conventional mechanicals ect. It still works fine despite them getting a bad name...anyway that's that.

03 focus 1.8tdci ghia hatch, 115k, drives fine but needs the back trail arm bushes I think or bushes of some kind at the back, obviously manual (don't get the diesel in auto).

Mpg obviously the Audi's a bit thirstier but not that bad, tax is 80 more a year as is ins....but parts can be freighting compared to the focus....I know what one I'd like to keep but the the parts and auto box do scare me plus there might be another bike soon.
bigtwinthing

Re: Wtf car do I use

Post by bigtwinthing »

5 Audi,s in our household. nuff said.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote:5 Audi,s in our household. nuff said.
Don't mean they good :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Watty wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:5 Audi,s in our household. nuff said.
Don't mean they good :lol:
well i think we have had 6 over 35 years with 2 at a time most time, other than that VW,s
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
chric

Post by chric »

Get shut of audi ounds a money trap
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
Watty

Post by Watty »

For me having owned a diesel focus and running it until 300k miles with very little trouble ( and yes its still going strong as my friends daily driver doing 500 miles a week) I'd go focus every time! I have also owned VW and Audi and I'd say over rated and over priced! Only my experience and opinion though. :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Had vw polo ecu wombles up and alsorts wrong got rid of it and bought a new Toyota corolla had it 11years still had original Panasonic battery on it not a bulb blew nothing , god bless the Japanese lol.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Watty wrote:For me having owned a diesel focus and running it until 300k miles with very little trouble ( and yes its still going strong as my friends daily driver doing 500 miles a week) I'd go focus every time! I have also owned VW and Audi and I'd say over rated and over priced! Only my experience and opinion though. :?
I used to work for VW/Audi and agree what Watty has said, well over rated
popkat

Post by popkat »

Keep the Focus and bung some injector cleaner through it every 6 months.. the bushes should be cheap to replace, Not a lot else goes wrong with them, even DMF's have come down in price. If it was a Tddi it would be even better if a little slower.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

popkat wrote:Keep the Focus and bung some injector cleaner through it every 6 months.. the bushes should be cheap to replace, Not a lot else goes wrong with them, even DMF's have come down in price. If it was a Tddi it would be even better if a little slower.

Mine was a tddi! Bulletproof! 150ml of 2 stroke oil for every 35l of diesel! Run that in all my diesels. Bio diesel sucks!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Watty wrote:
popkat wrote:Keep the Focus and bung some injector cleaner through it every 6 months.. the bushes should be cheap to replace, Not a lot else goes wrong with them, even DMF's have come down in price. If it was a Tddi it would be even better if a little slower.

Mine was a tddi! Bulletproof! 150ml of 2 stroke oil for every 35l of diesel! Run that in all my diesels. Bio diesel sucks!

Was gutted when I had to get rid of my Tddi but didn't have a use for it any more as had the Transit.. Now I need a newer Transit and although nicer I may be faced with all this DPF bollox, or buy a bit older, my only worry is Transits rust so age (the newer the better) is more important than miles.. I do mainly short journeys so may have problems with DPF blocking, seems dealers know this too as the last of the euro4's often go for more than many euro5's..

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

popkat wrote:
Watty wrote:

Was gutted when I had to get rid of my Tddi but didn't have a use for it any more as had the Transit.. Now I need a newer Transit and although nicer I may be faced with all this DPF bollox, or buy a bit older, my only worry is Transits rust so age (the newer the better) is more important than miles.. I do mainly short journeys so may have problems with DPF blocking, seems dealers know this too as the last of the euro4's often go for more than many euro5's..

Yeah bloody emissions bollox does my head in ! Typical easy income for the government! Tax the road user! Grrrrrrrrr!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

I think it comes down to personal preference.
I'd have the audi over the focus any day both can come with issues and both can cost a lot to keep on the road, audi will hold its value more over time than a focus but saying that the Ford is cheap motoring if the turbo doesn't fail which is a common issue,and the audi can have auto box troubles, saying that if the history is good you have half a chance.
Both use able vehicles in their own right just a case of what u want the car to do for you .
I own a few cars 1 of which I used for the Spanish trip in September it's got over 350k on the clock not worth anything but it does its job well, if it died tommrow I wouldn't care.and that has had both gearbox and turbo trouble in the past