Streetfighter conversion

General Biker Banter
bfarthing83

Streetfighter conversion

Post by bfarthing83 »

Hi all. My storm has had the fairings off for ages as trying to get around to doing the water pump seal. Whilst Sat there thinking about the respray she badly needs I started to feel the love for street fighter look. Anyone got any advice on headlamps and a radiator position please or any other bits that might proove useful
Cheers Ben
Watty

Re: Streetfighter conversion

Post by Watty »

My advice on fightering a Storm! PLEASE DON'T BOTHER :sick: Only my opinion, each to their own :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have a search for scubadogs posts. He has an amazing looking fighter.
Duffys has potential as well, certainly taking his time over it!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

:thumbup:

I've seen quite a cool looking one on tinternet with an under seat rad. Looks to have ducts under the tank. The tank looks non standard too.

I think to get it to look right with the rads in stock position is a challenge. But who dares wins, right?

There's a pretty radical looking one on bike exit. Not keen on the exact tank shape he's created but I can see where he's coming from.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Anything's possible with the right recreational drugs and an angle grinder...

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... 3-a-27164/

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22400
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:My advice on fightering a Storm! PLEASE DON'T BOTHER :sick: Only my opinion, each to their own :thumbup:
Shock news...Mac & Watty agree on something !

''Fightered'' Storms look Shite IMO The bike was designed with a fairing for a reason, If you want a naked bike go & buy one why ruin a perfectly good Storm ?

As has been said before ''Fightered'' bikes just scream look at me I crashed my bike & it's cheaper to rip the fairings off & make it look silly... :crazy:

Well cheaper until you have to start buying & making bits to 'try' & make it look OK that is... :lol:

Still only my opinion it's your bike come back & see us after a long M-way ride & your shoulders & back are killing you after hanging on with no wind protection or stick to sub 50mph all day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

MacV2 wrote:
Watty wrote:My advice on fightering a Storm! PLEASE DON'T BOTHER :sick: Only my opinion, each to their own :thumbup:
Shock news...Mac & Watty agree on something !

''Fightered'' Storms look Shite IMO The bike was designed with a fairing for a reason, If you want a naked bike go & buy one why ruin a perfectly good Storm ?

As has been said before ''Fightered'' bikes just scream look at me I crashed my bike & it's cheaper to rip the fairings off & make it look silly... :crazy:

Well cheaper until you have to start buying & making bits to 'try' & make it look OK that is... :lol:

Still only my opinion it's your bike come back & see us after a long M-way ride & your shoulders & back are killing you after hanging on with no wind protection or stick to sub 50mph all day...
Here here Mac :clap: :silent: :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

I've been toying with the idea of taking the fairing off, having flat-bars and a single round headlamp and screen or something, maybe some covers for the rads from another bike . But it would be completely reversible. Mainly because I fancy something with a naked muscle bike riding position, but the power plant of the storm. Rather than buy a Tuono I could just play with my existing bike that I have fettled and upgraded already.

Some naked storms can be made to look good. "Fightered" storms with small tail units generally look pants, and cutting the fairing to fit flat-bars 8O no thanks.

That's where I stand on the topic anyway.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm gong to disagree with both out you :lol: Done properly I think the Storm can look good as a Street-fighter, you've only got to look at Scubadogs for one. The only thing missing for me being old school, is due to the Storm being water cooled you don't get those nice looking cooling fins on the cylinders as you do with air cooled bikes. Even so, that wouldn't stop me from building a Street-fighter styled bike using a Storm.

I spotted this bike for sale recently. Apart from the seat and rear subframe set up, and one or two other odds and ends, I thought this bike looked pretty good:-

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I'm on the side of the no's. I don't see street fighters as practical everyday bikes due to lack of wind protection, lack of protection to the rest of the bike to help with rain, snow, flicked up stones etc. I see them more as either show bikes or stunters.

I also prefer the chunkier/older bikes, one that you feel that you are part of rather than "plonked" on top of.

Each to their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

there are some good streetfighter or naked builds, but none of them is better than storm with fairing, even standard one. They are just different.
Watty

Post by Watty »

sirch345 wrote:I'm gong to disagree with both out you :lol: Done properly I think the Storm can look good as a Street-fighter, you've only got to look at Scubadogs for one. The only thing missing for me being old school, is due to the Storm being water cooled you don't get those nice looking cooling fins on the cylinders as you do with air cooled bikes. Even so, that wouldn't stop me from building a Street-fighter styled bike using a Storm.

I spotted this bike for sale recently. Apart from the seat and rear subframe set up, and one or two other odds and ends, I thought this bike looked pretty good:-

Chris.
It's cack :lol: sorry Chris! :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
breakerm

Post by breakerm »

from my experience with fighters.... its unless you have a lot of tools and welders, mills. etc .....Oh and a shot load of money

I wouldnt bother.. but some of them do look the nuts....
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

I'm all for the idea of street fighting a storm... can't wait to make a start on mine ready for summer. It's what I fancy and it will still be practical for me... as for the bad weather... I got a car or van for that :P not that I mind the weather, it's not a lot of effort to clean a bike. Certainly wouldn't ever make a bike for shows though... wouldn't want any vehicle that was pampered that much i'd be scared of getting it dirty, that to me is just a waste.