indicators

General Bike chat
tony.mon

indicators

Post by tony.mon »

I've never really liked any of the indicators I've seen on Storms, including mine.
I was looking to see what fits the 2, and I found some I like the look of, or at least, I thought I did, but they've discontinued them.
I might just be able to get my hands on some, though, but they aren't cheap- what do you think of these, or do you know of anything similar?

Just google watsen designs, they're in Canada.

The current alternative are Proton flushmounts, slightly odd-looking, but perhaps the best of the rest...

I had the teardrops ones on my Storm, they were ok but you had to drill two mounting holes front and aft, and they didn't sit properly flat on the fairing.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Re: indicators

Post by agentpineapple »

both interesting options. I used to have the more generic flush mounts on my sp. I thought they looked ok, if a little common.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote:both interesting options. I used to have the more generic flush mounts on my sp. I thought they looked ok, if a little common.
They look a lot better than the std ones I currently have....I have trouble with 6'6" width restrictions with those....
Last edited by tony.mon on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I think Peugeot hatchback or transit van wing repeater ones look similar to that probably cheaper too.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I got a pair of watsens for my 04 R1. Colour match was spot on, fitment was spot on, didn't even need the resisters to correct flash rate. Super bright and super cool. Think I paid around £75.for the pair. Not cheap plastic either.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

tony.mon wrote: I had the teardrops ones on my Storm, they were ok but you had to drill two mounting holes front and aft, and they didn't sit properly flat on the fairing.
Afternoon Tony (voice from the past here!)
I have those same teardrop ones but have no issue with them
HOWEVER
I did spend a bit of time getting them right
1. Trim the base so it has a curve on to match the fairing
2. Use a thin peice of metal behind the fairing to bolt into. This obviated the need to drill mounting holes

(Cant believe my bike was ever this clean!)

I have also seen this setup which I always though looked rather natty

I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've always like the look of indi's in the air vents, but I doubt they'd been seen that well by other road users, and I also think they would hinder airflow to the rads. they look cool tho, i'm seriously thinking of mounting some smaller cree bulbs(as day time running lights) in the vents, being a lot smaller, they shouldn't effect airflow that much. you need all the visual help you can get in London... :roll:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stormin Ben wrote:
tony.mon wrote: I had the teardrops ones on my Storm, they were ok but you had to drill two mounting holes front and aft, and they didn't sit properly flat on the fairing.
Afternoon Tony (voice from the past here!)
I have those same teardrop ones but have no issue with them
HOWEVER
I did spend a bit of time getting them right
1. Trim the base so it has a curve on to match the fairing
2. Use a thin peice of metal behind the fairing to bolt into. This obviated the need to drill mounting holes
Talk about a blast from the past :lol: Hiya Ben good to see you again, I hope you're keeping well.

I've done very similar to Ben (didn't drill any holes in the fairing) for fitting the front tear drop indicators, although I also cut out a piece of ally plate (3mm thickness) the same shape as the hole in the fairing and profiled it to the fairing curve. This meant if I dropped the bike the indicator didn't move. It worked too, as I found out when I dropped the bike last year :(

Chris.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Martin:
I'm of the opinion that those intakes are purely cosmetic -the radiators take their air from behind the front wheel.

Chris,
How do fella, it has indeed been a while.
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!