Handlebar conversions

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: Handlebar conversions

Post by AMCQ46 »

read through the whole of this thread for more info on brake upgrades

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 60#p247618
AMcQ
lockwood1956

Post by lockwood1956 »

Fantastic, cheers!
If at first you don't succeed.....sky diving isn't for you!

http://www.facebook.com/bob.morton.125
budd

Post by budd »

Miztaziggy wrote:
lockwood1956 wrote:It's finding a matching lower profile clutch master cylinder that is proving problematic :(

I am drawn to those Chinese ones listed as they look the part......but so did the Titanic!
Personally I wouldn't worry about it being Chinese, but if you are worried, then there must be plenty of bikes out there with a clutch cylinder like the one you're after?
the chinese ones are usually OK I say usually because I've had a couple on GIXER street fighter conversions and they were fine but the last one I had (brake MC) wouldn't bleed up it turned out (after much pi$$ing about) that they'd drilled and tapped into the fluid passage for the bar clamp retaining bolts, so while usually they are OK you've got to decide whether saving a few quid (cos they are cheap) is worth the posibillity of having bo brakes at some point because their tolerences are all over the place.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
baycat

Post by baycat »

lockwood1956 wrote:This is the bar conversion kit I have. I have a set of Renthal flat bars and a set of 1.5 inch rise bars, will see how we go.....

where did you get those riser clamps from I like the look of those.
GREG-STORM

Post by GREG-STORM »

Not sure if this will help anyone but if you buy some caf'e clip-ons and remake the ends, you end up with multiway units.