Dainese gear

General Bike chat
callam_nffc

Dainese gear

Post by callam_nffc »

Anybody got anything to say either good/bad about them?

I've been eyeing up one of their textile jackets online and tempted to go have a look at the shop this week, always thought they look the business but not sure if the quality matches the price. :thumbup:
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
macdee

Re: Dainese gear

Post by macdee »

just did this to raise my post count
i know shameless
told you not to but oh no you knew better
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

callam_nffc wrote:Anybody got anything to say either good/bad about them?

I've been eyeing up one of their textile jackets online and tempted to go have a look at the shop this week, always thought they look the business but not sure if the quality matches the price. :thumbup:
I have a 20 yo Dianese Desert jacket. Almost as good as new. Super comfy, works well.

Totally irrelevant, of course. What they produced 20 years ago has no relation to what they produce now and, there ain't many deserts in the NE so it dosn't get a lot of use.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

great stuff, i also have a Ski Helmet and Jacket thats Dianese. Iam very impressed with all their stuff so far.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have had 2 dianese leather jackets over the past 15 yrs, and the quality, fit and style are great. Never crashed in the first one and it was still in great condition when I sold it last yr. new one offers even better armour and fit and I did have a low speed get off at a track day that scuffed the leather, but that was all.

If you can afford it, or if you see one 2nd hand then go for it.
AMcQ
budd

Post by budd »

expensive but undoubtable quality, I have an old (30yrs ish) paddock jacket with zip off sleeves that despite being chucked in the garage for ages is still in great condition, shame about the 80’s styling what I thought looked good back in the day doesn’t really pass muster anymore. :lol:

Also one of the lads I ride with regularly was bemoaning replacing his old Dainese kit with a (slightly larger) Gimoto 2 piece, there’s no comparison in the fit and quality of the leather and stitching etc, things like the connecting zip is while obviously very robust on the Dainese is very flimsy on the Gimoto kit and Gimoto are supposed to be half decent quality, but the Dainese gear is just so much better.
Dainese would definitely be on my ‘highly desirable’ list if I were looking to buy some new tackle. Buying used is a very good way of getting into some top gear for often very little money, when I was afer a decent quality 2 piece last year my 1st choice was Dainese but in the end I stumbled across some Shoei gear, virtually brand new at literally beer money, I paid £51 for a Shoei 2 piece that fits extremely well and is (IMHO) on a par with Dainese for quality. So there are some real bargains out there but if you can get Dainese then buy with confidence.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Try on some of the good quality gear before you decide. I tried Arlen Ness, Dainese, Allinestar, Ixon and a few others at EBC (Essex bikers centre) and found the leg length on Dainese and Arlen Ness to be a issue. I wouldn't focus on one brand. Try a few.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Try on some of the good quality gear before you decide. I tried Arlen Ness, Dainese, Allinestar, Ixon and a few others at EBC (Essex bikers centre) and found the leg length on Dainese and Arlen Ness to be a issue. I wouldn't focus on one brand. Try a few.
+1 Kev, just replaced my leathers and tried nearly every make in the shop including Dainese and Astars! Fit was the most important factor for me! Ended up with RST's :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Arlen Ness jacket and Dainese leather trews - both are quality feel and seemingly durable :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
budd

Post by budd »

Kev L wrote:Try on some of the good quality gear before you decide. I tried Arlen Ness, Dainese, Allinestar, Ixon and a few others at EBC (Essex bikers centre) and found the leg length on Dainese and Arlen Ness to be a issue. I wouldn't focus on one brand. Try a few.

very true fit is by far the most important thing to consider, if they don't fit they won't be comfortable or protect as intended.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .