Videos on bikes

General Bike chat
Kev L

Videos on bikes

Post by Kev L »

Anyone else seen this on the news tonight? Just goes to show how videos can bite you in the butt -
Speeding bikers banned for 'display of idiocy' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-36864983
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Re: Videos on bikes

Post by lloydie »

Well if you ride like a nob and film it ,what more proof do they need .
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Showing off.Them cameras have their disadvantages as well.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

glad to hear they got bans, it's one thing popping a wheelie on an empty country lane. but what they did and more so where they did it. they got what they deserved.......... :Banned:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hold on lads they where not all showing off doing wheelies. One was doing a burn out and others where simply speeding through a tunnel. That kind of reminded me of the Monopoly run LOL. How many of us have pulled a wheelie out on the road from time to time.

The point is if you doing anything other than riding by the book according to the highway code then they have a good possibility to hold your footage as evidence against you. I'm not sure how it would hold in a court of law but even so it's going to be headache and could influence folk to pay an instant fine or accept points to save all the grief.
==============================Enter the Darkside
adyf

Post by adyf »

Decent bike control if you ask me , don't see the problem with the burnout , this is turning into a nanny state , yes they were a bit naughty and stupid for filming it , but if were not careful we will see 100bhp limits etc and accept all that crap, get real.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's called media manipulation and conditioning ady and yeh your quite right things do become accepted. Just look at all the terrorism crap that goes about. As if folk have not been shot on a regular basis over the years. It's just publicised more so these days and turned into something political because of the abundance and easy access to world wide media. It all spreads like a disease and all the main media outlets have to do is plant the seed. The rest we spread ourselves through social media etc which ends up having what is known as perpetual errors so the story changes along the path and becomes a myth or legend. Something common that researchers run into if they don't back the evidence up from their sources. It's funny how we are all so used to having cctv cameras all over the place and we now accept them and the data collection on us all.

Give it 10 - 20 years....you mark my words.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

personally, they were silly enough to film it, and they got what they deserved. I think we're a long way away from 100bhp limits and such like, but it's foolish behaviour like this that will bring it on top of us. stories like this just turn the public against bikers. we all know the media is mostly anti bike, so why give them the ammo.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think we're a long way away from 100bhp limits and such like
You reckon...it's worse than that. We wont even be in control of them. We will simply be a passenger on a electronically controlled computerised device. Cars first..then the bikes. :eek2 Maybe bikes will be a bit like jumping on a Ski lift...next please. :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:
I think we're a long way away from 100bhp limits and such like
You reckon...it's worse than that. We wont even be in control of them. We will simply be a passenger on a electronically controlled computerised device. Cars first..then the bikes. :eek2 Maybe bikes will be a bit like jumping on a Ski lift...next please. :lol:
calm down carl, take some nice deep breaths and wrap a few more layers of tin foil around your head..... :rolleyes4: :crazy: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Don't think Carl is that far off to be fair , I seem to recall Kawasaki have a recording function on their ecu that shows if you were speeding before a crash , I'm not condoning what they did but why do we have bikes getting picked on with there ability to escape situations with power or slimness as in lloydies case when I see atrocious driving of cars everyday , I'm a big boy now I'm sure after riding for 35years I can make my own decisions regarding speed ,road conditions etc .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Because there is no traffic enforcement, only cameras, which create a 100yd bubble of legality. There aren't that many dedicated traffic patrols left now, only HATO's so you have to work hard to get nicked. So filming yourself using your own camera, recording evidence of all your friends misbehaving is a bit of an own goal situation.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

It would be interesting to know how the Mercedes driver got involved and what he did to get a £2700 fine whilst the bikers were only fined £500
???
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

GoPro footage and logged speed on your GPS history will soon be the biggest risk to our licence.

It is always a big concern to me as to what is considered dangerous vs fun. I think if there are no hazards, like on a road with no junctions, then a bit of front wheel levitation is ok, but I am sure I will live to regret that assumption 8O 8O :oops:
AMcQ
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Pete.L wrote:It would be interesting to know how the Mercedes driver got involved and what he did to get a £2700 fine whilst the bikers were only fined £500
???
Apparantly the Merc driver took umbrage to being overtaken and chased down the bikes