Any cheap storms?

Moderator: VTRDark

Steve6088

Any cheap storms?

Post by Steve6088 »

Started wanting to ride again after wrecking my back last year.

Decided I want a storm again. Hav'nt got on with any of the bikes I've owned since.

Are there any cheap storms for sale? They all seem to be going for silly money on ebay these days.
KermitLeFrog

Re: Any cheap storms?

Post by KermitLeFrog »

What do you consider cheap and what do you consider silly money?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Well it is all relative to the condition I guess. But I'm looking to pay around 1k
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Steve6088 wrote:Well it is all relative to the condition I guess. But I'm looking to pay around 1k
Seems to be plenty out there around that price. I doubt there's many on here though.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

wasn't Kev,s up for £1050 :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ignore the New Forest village idiot! :lol: They still come up for reasonable money on Gumtree etc, just keep an eye on the classifieds
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Kev L wrote:Ignore the New Forest village idiot! :lol: They still come up for reasonable money on Gumtree etc, just keep an eye on the classifieds

hang on 'New Forest idiot" you have a Tanning Studio and a Hairdressers down here! 'Kev,s Curls" :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Keith

Post by Keith »

Steve6088 wrote:Started wanting to ride again after wrecking my back last year.

Decided I want a storm again. Hav'nt got on with any of the bikes I've owned since.

Are there any cheap storms for sale? They all seem to be going for silly money on ebay these days.
Not sure what you are after and expect I am too far away anyhow. Very soon I need to put my VTR onto ebay as its lost its dry storage and now starting to deteriorate outside. I did rebuild it to use at the 2015 Manx GP but both fork seals let me down on the trip (Pyramid crap) so then lost all interest in the bike. I need to check but think its still got MOT till around February ish. I had been starting it up about every three weeks but now the battery has died about a month ago and never bothered since. It is high mileage of about 64000 but not sure if its got the original engine or not. Tyres only have about 600 miles use on them. Looking around £900 mark but open to sensible offers as I know it will need work.

Picture was taken just after the rebuild in 2015 but its still a nice looking bike. I can get some updated pics this weekend in the daylight if interested.
Keith
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice looking bike for the money :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: