colour

General Biker Banter
plumbob

colour

Post by plumbob »

Thanks for all the replies, still haven't got to grips with posting a pic so i'll have to reveal the colour verbally. It's orange. Very orange . Like David Richard and Donald Trump together on a bad day. But hey I like it. Pics soon, hopefully. What's the opinions on heated grips? Like to try and keep riding through the winter, but as old age creeps up, circulation isn't what it used to be. Like my gloves that i bought a couple of years ago, so a bit reluctant to buy new heated gloves. Been sugested heated inners, but my gloves fit me properly so no room there. Handle bar muffs? Not realy the look for a storm and too many farmers round here have them on their quads . (probably got a grant for them). How do heated grips keep the back of your hands warm ?
MacV2

Re: colour

Post by MacV2 »

They dont, just your palms I supose.

I bought some Keis heated inner gloves, very toastey. It's probably worth buying some new gloves as well that are big enough to accomodate them.

Your current well fitting gloves may well be part of the issue, no air gap to insulate your pinkys...

Unfortunatly my Keis heated gloves were lost at the side of the road or poss in the back of the ambulance durring my last little mishap. Strange as my balaclava ended up in my jacket pocket... :?
Last edited by MacV2 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Daytona 2-level heated grips and hippo hands :thumbup: With heated grips run it through a *relay...

Also make sure your charging system is up to scratch and your R/R is upgraded

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Orange is a rare colour :thumbup:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

sirch345 wrote:Orange is a rare colour :thumbup:

Chris.
There's a reason for that! Be careful when riding orange bikes, they wear you down gradually until one day you give up on life and throw yourself down the M25! Do yourself a favour and paint it blue to break the depression!
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Kev L wrote:

Chris.
There's a reason for that! Be careful when riding orange bikes, they wear you down gradually until one day you give up on life and throw yourself down the M25! Do yourself a favour and paint it blue to break the depression!

TANGO'ED
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
plumbob

Post by plumbob »

Funny that, I was always told if people were depressed they had the blues. And according to one famous phone company, the future was bright the future was ORANGE .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

plumbob wrote:Funny that, I was always told if people were depressed they had the blues. And according to one famous phone company, the future was bright the future was ORANGE .
Yeah & look what happend to them...Merged with T-mobile, became EE now part of BT apparently...so that lasted well into the future then...

Plus, is bright, not was bright...Com'on Man how the fek do you know the future WAS bright...Did we all end up looking like David Richard...

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

plumbob wrote:Funny that, I was always told if people were depressed they had the blues. And according to one famous phone company, the future was bright the future was ORANGE .

in firestorm world having the blues MAKES you sad [and the butt of all the jokes]

Orange is nice and bright, I like it
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

A lot of shephards around here on quads. All with muffs to keep their hands warm. The sheep really appreciate it...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
baycat

Post by baycat »

Kev L wrote:

Chris.
best check your back tyre in the morning kev you might find someone has let it down.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
Yeah & look what happend to them...Merged with T-mobile, became EE now part of BT apparently...so that lasted well into the future then...

Plus, is bright, not was bright...Com'on Man how the fek do you know the future WAS bright...Did we all end up looking like David Richard...

doesn't that bloke in the Piccy ride a Blue bike with Black Carbon High Level cans!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

doesn't that bloke in the Piccy ride a Blue bike with Black Carbon High Level cans!!!

Hehehehehe!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

baycat wrote:
Kev L wrote:

Chris.
best check your back tyre in the morning kev you might find someone has let it down.
:lol: :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF