standard indicators

General Bike chat
and7rp2

standard indicators

Post by and7rp2 »

Hi
I know I need to make 50 posts to get into the for sale/wanted section.
But I really would like to get rid of my mini indicators and fit standard ones !
I understand the rule for selling ( ive been on other forums ) but surely wanted is totally different to selling ?
Admin please remove this post if it offends anyone, but please if anyone has standard indicators they no longer want can they advertise them on here.
My storm is year 2000.
Last edited by and7rp2 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey haired riders don't get that way by luck !!
Shauned71

Re: standard indicators

Post by Shauned71 »

I wouldn't compare to other forums.. I think you will find the rule is directed more towards folk that want rather than those selling. I don't think that anyone on here would refuse a bargain from anyone but there's quite a little community on here and often when folk are selling here they consider it as selling to friends... Often parts are listed with a good price to reflect this so they wouldn't want some one new popping along and grabbing a good deal which is directed more towards established members which they may have already built some sort of relationship with. make sense?

There's every chance that someone may be able to help you out but... what year bike do you have? The indicators changed around 2001 so would need to know if you have a early or late model storm.
and7rp2

Post by and7rp2 »

yeah get what your saying, thanks for the reply.
I didn't realise there was difference, thanks for that info :thumbup: have altered OP.
wasn't trying to upset anyone, just really want to get rid of my mini indicators asap
Grey haired riders don't get that way by luck !!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

No problems mate. You ain't the first to comment on the subject, I'm sure you won't be the last. The 50 post rule is also another way of getting newer folk active and chatting on here :wink:

Anyways, indicators... yours will be the early model. I may be able to sort a set out for you but I'll have to check through what I have here.. It may be a case of having to use an extra rear on one of the fronts for me to be able to make up a tidy set so you possibly may have to extend an odd wire (wires are different lengths on front to back)
At the mo, price will be a guess.. so i'll say £30-40 + post depending on condition

If that's of use to you drop me a note here and i'll dig them out.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shauned71 wrote:No problems mate. You ain't the first to comment on the subject, I'm sure you won't be the last. The 50 post rule is also another way of getting newer folk active and chatting on here :wink:

Anyways, indicators... yours will be the early model. I may be able to sort a set out for you but I'll have to check through what I have here.. It may be a case of having to use an extra rear on one of the fronts for me to be able to make up a tidy set so you possibly may have to extend an odd wire (wires are different lengths on front to back)
At the mo, price will be a guess.. so i'll say £30-40 + post depending on condition

If that's of use to you drop me a note here and i'll dig them out.
Rear indis have the longer wires so no issues fitting to front...Left rear to Front right & vice versa for front Left...That way the indis are right way up.

But thats only if your really fussy & dont want the raised stampings showing on the top.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I don't blame you for wanting to ditch those mini indicators for
the standard ones.. that are much better and more visible to other
road users, why owners put mini lamps on beats me ? :wave: :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Saintsman27 wrote:I don't blame you for wanting to ditch those mini indicators for
the standard ones.. that are much better and more visible to other
road users, why owners put mini lamps on beats me ? :wave: :thumbup:
It's coz they look good innit...theys da bomb...get with it ya wrinkly...

A youth (not ) Kent...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...