Nuvo Aeroflow Screen

General Bike chat
Teamslug

Nuvo Aeroflow Screen

Post by Teamslug »

Hello All
Just wondering has anyone used one of these double bubble screens (Nuvo Aeroflow Screen ) on their storm and if ya have was it any good?
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

HI There

I use the MVA one on mine. I think its a very nice, well made, erm, piece of plastic! :wink:

Dont know about the Nuvo one though
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Ive got one. Good quality, easy to fit and works well for me I'm 6foot 2 and most of the wind blast is deflected. I originally fitted it to my last storm and was impressed enough that I kept it and fitted to my latest one as well
Teamslug

Thanks

Post by Teamslug »

Thanks for the info i thought if i asked someone on here would have one, i have ordered one from M+P £39.99 :wink:

Cheers
Teamslug

Screens on

Post by Teamslug »

Just an update got the screen and its now fitted, it didnt go on all that easy quite a bit of messing about to get it to line up with the fixing holes on the fairing and the holes in the new screen dont have the recess for the rubber gromets so it doesn't fit flush like the Honda one (there is a gap between the screen and the fairing and its distorted the joints a bit) but maybe its me being a fussy git.
Not had chance to try it on a ride to see the difference wind blast wise but it looks good and is a lot higher than standard so should do the job.

will let ya all know what i think
pricey

Fitted but not fine??

Post by pricey »

Teamslug,

I was about to buy one, not so sure now. What was the description of the one you purchased, I was looking on the web at the site and it wasn't that clear which one was which. I mean which was the double bubble, flip, hi-rise, whatever you want to call it.

I find their site a bit poor? might just be me :roll:

ride safe.
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
Teamslug

Screen

Post by Teamslug »

The screen is called a Nuvo Aeroflow Screen (double bubble) i ordered a light tint M+P part number 390739 and i agree the site is crap and hard work to find anything its easier to phone them but if you put this part number in the search box at least you will get a bit of info and a small picture to look at.
The screen just does not fit as well as the Honda one maybe i got a poor one as one of the other lads above has had no probs at all :?:
I have to be honest and say if i had bought it locally from a shop i would have taken it back and swapped it for another just to be sure of the fit but as i would have to post it back to M+P and wait and there would be no guarantee it would be any different i cant be bothered and its not that bad just that i am left with a gap between the fairing and the new screen where there wasnt one before and you cant tighten it up any more because of the rubber gromets so i dont know mate what to suggest.
A mate with a CBR6 got a Fabbri screen £49.99 and thats fine but its not on a Storm so its not a direct comparison.
sorry i cant be more help :roll:
I will try and add some pictures later when i work out how to do it :?:
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Sorry slug,
Sounds like you got a bad un or there have been some changes since I got mine about 2 years ago. Ive checked mine again and its a good flush fit with the fairing.
Teamslug

Screen!

Post by Teamslug »

The saga continues, i have just taken the screen off and re fitted it but this time i have taken the rubber gromet/static nut things out of the screen and placed them on the back and screwed through the fairing/screen that way its a better fit smaller gap, your probably not supposed to fit it that way but hey ho it fits better.
I just need to go for a blast now and see if it works! :wink:
Teamslug

Pictures

Post by Teamslug »

here finally and hopefully are some pictures and when you look at em you will probably think i am a moaning old dear the pictures arent that clear but i think they show what i have been on about :D

Teamslug

Didnt work

Post by Teamslug »

Well that was a dismal failure :oops:

will have to do more homework on getting pics on to the forum

:wink:
pricey

Top bloke

Post by pricey »

Top bloke for trying to pass the info on, look forward to seeing the pictures when you fix the technology.

I think I might pop to a big aftersales place and have alook at a few first. Will keep you posted as I will start this epic task tomorrow :lol: :lol: great weather ahead for the weekend

Ride safe
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
Teamslug

Pictures!

Post by Teamslug »

I hope these are the pictures, and i hope it will now work :lol:

I would like to say i got it to work first time :oops: but i would be lying several attempts, but now you can see what i was moaning about
steve

Post by steve »

On the subject of screens, i've got a spare! Its a skidmarx double bubble, light tint. fits really well. Only used it for about a week( went and got a solid black one) Any one interested? make me an offer. Got a standard one too( not that anyone wants these)

steve
steve
pricey

Busters double bubble screen

Post by pricey »

Got myself a double bubble and it fitted a treat. Cost the same as the M&P one and was delivered within 36 hours.

Busters, see MCN this week (I'm sure you all know that anyway :oops: )

I bought the tinted one and it makes a huge huge difference when you're tanking it :twisted: