not spending any money not

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

not spending any money not

Post by tony.mon »

I went to Brands for the end-of-season BSB round last weekend.
It was a good day, but as we arrived I said to the wife "just for a change I don't need to buy anything this time". I thought I might get away with just the ten quid burger and six quid a pint pisswater lager.

It was coming up to lunchtime when I noticed my old fabric jacket had a tear on the side where the belt is stitched on. I thought I'd found a new pocket I hadn't found before, put my wallet in and it dropped straight out onto the ground- luckily I noticed.

So I hit the stalls, and found an RST Adventure 3 jacket that fitted, for 189 pounds. A bit of haggling ensued, and I got it for 139. Not too bad, but I look like a right Charlie. And Ewan....

Bloody heavy though; I couldn't believe it when I first picked it up- it felt like someone had emptied their pound coin jar into it! Ah well, it'll keep the front end down in the rain. It's apparently four-season so various bits of liner come out if it's not raining in winter.

I can't share a picture, as my mobile is currently on its way to Poland to be repaired- no, it didn't fall through my jacket pocket, the battery level meter stopped working and it started crashing every few hours. I hope I don't do the same, now I have a new jacket...

Found one: https://images.app.goo.gl/8c9zUJXyhCSBPHdu8

Trouble is, I now need the matching trousers :(
-and a BMW that's twice the size of an ordinary bike for no apparent reason, fitted with three massive sandwich boxes.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
neil

Re: not spending any money not

Post by neil »

I have one of the earlier versions of that RST jacket. As you say they are heavy but it is warm as well. Pocket at back is handy. Problem with mine was it was not good in rain, water soaked through in no time. Hope you have no problem with yours.
redvtr
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It looks the part Tony :thumbup:
Well done with the haggling,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Time for that grown up adventure bike, it comes to us all :roll:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Don't hold your breath.... :whatever
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.