Coolant Connections

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Monty_goldwing

Coolant Connections

Post by Monty_goldwing »

HI All

Really need some help please - I'm building my VTR from scratch so dont have anything to compare to

I'm piping up the coolant hoses - most are self explanatory but some are not

All of the larger pipes are sorted - but I'm not 100% on the smaller ones - There is a small connection on the water pump, one diagram I have seen shows it connected to the carbs, another to the thermostat housing - please confirm which is correct ?

There is also a smaller connection on the top of the thermostat pointing towards the back of the bike - what is this connected to ?

If anyone has a clear diagram that would be great

Cheers
Monty_goldwing

Re: Coolant Connections

Post by Monty_goldwing »

Am I correct in thinking the top connection pointing towards the rear of the bike is just a breather of some sort without a connection ?

From the diagram in the manual - it shows the inlet flow to the carbs coming from the thermostat housing and the outlet from the carbs returning to the water pump

Can someone please confirm the above - assume all models are the same mine is a 98

Thanks

Ian
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you have a careful look at the stub on the thermostat housing you will see it is blind- nothing can flow through it, so nothing is connected to that one. One of the other small ones on the thermostat housing connects to the carb heater line. That goes to the carbs, then the exit from the carbs goes to the water pump.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Monty_goldwing

Post by Monty_goldwing »

Thanks for the response - missed that is was blind

Sorted now

Ian